• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Lake Buena Vista Resort Village for large family

mom58

Earning My Ears
We're a family of 6, mom & dad, 4 kids ages 15-23 (2 boys/2 girls). We'll have a car. I'm looking for any info about the 3 or 4 bedroom condo at LBV Resort.

How close (really) to WDW? We have AAA, so we can park relatively easily.

Is the pool nice enough to spend time at?

We'll probably plan to stay at the parks until 1 or 2 pm, then go back to the condo. Then, back to WDW for our ADR.

Right now we're booked at Port Orleans Riverside, 2 rooms, but I'm concerned about putting the kids in one hotel room for nearly a week.

I know we'll be giving up extra magic hours, but it's a real savings for a lot more room.

Any help or photos would be fabulous!

Unless your AAA office is different, you only get the AAA Diamond Pass if you book a package w/ AAA. And then, it's only a little closer spot; you still have to pay for parking, so you need to figre that into your price comparison. Also, I think they may have a daily resort fee.

EDIT: I removed hotel info because this is a different place that I was thinking of. I though you meant the one at DTD. Sorry!!!

My family has stayed here 2 times. Once in a 2 bedroom and once in a 3 bedroom. The rooms are very nice and huge. With older kids, its nice to have the extra space to spread out. When we were in the 3 bedroom/3 bathroom there were 6 of us. The pools are great. The pirate ship pool can get busy depending on when your going. The other pool is much smaller but usually a lot less crowded. It takes about 5 minutes to get on Disney property. Its farthest away from Animal Kingdom, but still only takes about 15 minutes tops. Theres a ton of great restaurants close by if you choose not to eat at Disney every night. Also, theres a walmart right across the street so you can buy food if you choose to cook in the room since the kitchen is nice. We cook breakfast every morning before we head off to the parks and its saves a ton of money!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter