Lake Buena Vista (ish) area - Restaurants Review

GoofyDad_4427

Mouseketeer
Hi Everyone. I spent 10 days in LBV recently (was supposed to be 5 days but picked up Covid toward the end of the trip so was quarantined to the hotel room for 5 more days). Was a solo trip with the idea to play golf, which I did get 5 rounds in, but I also ate at many places. Here are the reviews:

Breakfast (skipped a lot of days in favor of very early tee times):
Waffle House - (5/5) - Call it what you want. Yes, it's a greasy spoon dive, but the eggs and waffles are always on point. Ate in person early in the trip and then service to go later in the trip.

Lunch:
Giordano's - (2/5) - Maybe a 3/5 if I was with a group of people, but when the smallest pizza they have feeds 3 people and you are by yourself, it turns into an extremely expensive lunch. The pizza itself is alright, but it's just not my style. My guess is deep dish afficionados would love this place.

Pizza Ponte at Disney Springs - (3.5/5) - There was plenty of options here and the pizza was pretty solid. The line was ridiculous though and I ended up having to sit on a wall outside to eat because all the tables were taken.

Miller's Ale House - (4.5/5) - This has been my go-to for years. I had lunch here twice during the trip. The first time was a little bit of a letdown, as my Zingers were mostly breading without much good chicken and my Big Red sandwich was a little overcooked and dry. It's been so good, for so long, so I gave it a second run, and it was excellent that time. Got Zingers again that were perfect and also the chicken nachos that were very nice.

Dinners:
Palm - (5/5) - Still the best steak option in the general Florida area in my opinion. I asked for my 12 ounce filet to be cooked medium rare, with a touch toward the medium side and they couldn't have done any better. The caprese salad appetizer comes with two giant cuts of tomato and the real mozzarella. Could have used a touch more balsamic but overall excellent.

Hungry Crab - (4.5/5) - This was recommended by a bartender at the pool bar back in September, so we ate here then and then again when back in October and it was great both times. This would be a 5/5 if I wasn't dining alone, but the amount of food and the way the meals are setup are really meant for multiple people. In addition, would be pretty hard to get this to go, as having the tools to crack the crab and stuff would be a problem. It's a shame but this place is extremely uncrowded and I can't see how they will stay in business in the long run, but in the short run its a great place to walk in, sit right down, and get some great seafood.

Twin Peaks - (0/5) - I ate at one of these in Indianapolis this past summer and if you are okay with the Hooters style (or actually more scantily clad), the food was actually pretty good and they specialize in really cold draft beers which I enjoy. I went in and sat at the bar and for 10+ minutes nobody gave me the time of day. The place wasn't that crowded and I wanted to have some beers and watch the Thursday night football game, but I was pissed and just got up and left.

Carabba's - (4/5) - My favorite Italian chain place, and we don't have any in Pittsburgh so I try to get here when in town. I got carside to-go since it was during the second half of the trip, and the trio with chicken parm, lasagna, and fettucini alfredo is one of my all-time favorite meals. It held up surprisingly well as a to-go dish.

Drinks:
Miller's Ale House - (5/5) - Cheap drinks, friendly service, a ton of TVs. Has to be the best place in the area to watch a sporting event.

Paradiso 57 at Disney Springs - (4/5) - Got a pretty solid margarita from the outside to-go bar window.

If you have any questions about any of these let me know!

Thank you for sharing your reviews of the restaurants and other establishments you visited during your trip to LBV. It seems that you had a range of experiences, with some places being very good and others not meeting your expectations. It is helpful to read reviews like these when planning a trip or trying to decide where to eat, as they can provide insight into the quality and atmosphere of different establishments. If you have any further questions or would like more information on any of the places you visited, please let me know.

Thanks for the reviews- thinking we might check out the Hungry crab this spring. I am always looking for good dining options.
Did you have one of the boils?

Thanks for the reviews- thinking we might check out the Hungry crab this spring. I am always looking for good dining options.
Did you have one of the boils?

The last two trips there I ordered the Hungry's Favorite Seafood Trio, which comes with shrimp, crab legs, and lobster (and corn on the cob and red potatoes) with whatever seasoning you prefer boiled in a bag.

First trip my wife and I did some sort of combo with shrimp, scallops, and crab legs.

All 3 times I have been there the food has been excellent.

The second trip my kids were there and my younger son (12) is a very picky eater. He got the chicken tenders and said they were great, and they were HUGE.

Also got the gumbo as an appetizer every time and it was great as well.

Hi Everyone. I spent 10 days in LBV recently (was supposed to be 5 days but picked up Covid toward the end of the trip so was quarantined to the hotel room for 5 more days). Was a solo trip with the idea to play golf, which I did get 5 rounds in, but I also ate at many places. Here are the reviews:

Breakfast (skipped a lot of days in favor of very early tee times):
Waffle House - (5/5) - Call it what you want. Yes, it's a greasy spoon dive, but the eggs and waffles are always on point. Ate in person early in the trip and then service to go later in the trip.

Lunch:
Giordano's - (2/5) - Maybe a 3/5 if I was with a group of people, but when the smallest pizza they have feeds 3 people and you are by yourself, it turns into an extremely expensive lunch. The pizza itself is alright, but it's just not my style. My guess is deep dish afficionados would love this place.

Pizza Ponte at Disney Springs - (3.5/5) - There was plenty of options here and the pizza was pretty solid. The line was ridiculous though and I ended up having to sit on a wall outside to eat because all the tables were taken.

Miller's Ale House - (4.5/5) - This has been my go-to for years. I had lunch here twice during the trip. The first time was a little bit of a letdown, as my Zingers were mostly breading without much good chicken and my Big Red sandwich was a little overcooked and dry. It's been so good, for so long, so I gave it a second run, and it was excellent that time. Got Zingers again that were perfect and also the chicken nachos that were very nice.

Dinners:
Palm - (5/5) - Still the best steak option in the general Florida area in my opinion. I asked for my 12 ounce filet to be cooked medium rare, with a touch toward the medium side and they couldn't have done any better. The caprese salad appetizer comes with two giant cuts of tomato and the real mozzarella. Could have used a touch more balsamic but overall excellent.

Hungry Crab - (4.5/5) - This was recommended by a bartender at the pool bar back in September, so we ate here then and then again when back in October and it was great both times. This would be a 5/5 if I wasn't dining alone, but the amount of food and the way the meals are setup are really meant for multiple people. In addition, would be pretty hard to get this to go, as having the tools to crack the crab and stuff would be a problem. It's a shame but this place is extremely uncrowded and I can't see how they will stay in business in the long run, but in the short run its a great place to walk in, sit right down, and get some great seafood.

Twin Peaks - (0/5) - I ate at one of these in Indianapolis this past summer and if you are okay with the Hooters style (or actually more scantily clad), the food was actually pretty good and they specialize in really cold draft beers which I enjoy. I went in and sat at the bar and for 10+ minutes nobody gave me the time of day. The place wasn't that crowded and I wanted to have some beers and watch the Thursday night football game, but I was pissed and just got up and left.

Carabba's - (4/5) - My favorite Italian chain place, and we don't have any in Pittsburgh so I try to get here when in town. I got carside to-go since it was during the second half of the trip, and the trio with chicken parm, lasagna, and fettucini alfredo is one of my all-time favorite meals. It held up surprisingly well as a to-go dish.

Drinks:
Miller's Ale House - (5/5) - Cheap drinks, friendly service, a ton of TVs. Has to be the best place in the area to watch a sporting event.

Paradiso 57 at Disney Springs - (4/5) - Got a pretty solid margarita from the outside to-go bar window.

If you have any questions about any of these let me know!
Agree 100% on the Ale House! When I lived in Orlando and worked for Disney, we went probably once a week. Inexpensive food and drinks, and most of the time good quality (not gourmet by any means - it's a bar). Zingers, nachos, and the Big Red sandwich are favorites, I try and go at least once every time I visit, usually end up meeting a group of old friends there! Good memories!

Never been to Miller's Ale House, but it's another that is on our list for the next trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter