Ladies: significance of downward creeping leggings

CarolynFH

DIS Veteran
My polyester/spandex leggings have started creeping slowly down my backside as I walk. :guilty: Does that mean they are too big, too small, or wearing out?

(I'm hoping it means they're too big - I've been losing weight! :o)

TIA!

I'd guess too big, especially since you are losing weight - do they have a drawstring?

Probably too big! I'm in the weird zone between two sizes right now from a little bit of weight loss.

One thing to check is if they are "compression style" or more "loose style" leggings. I have one pair of adidas running capris that just seem loose no matter what I do while I run/walk even though they seem fine for while standing still, and the same size of nike "compression" capris that suck me all in and stay put. The adidas are more comfy for house-lounging, but the nike ones are better for holding all of me "in" while excercising.
So I've literally seperated my wardrobe into "run leggings" and "non-run leggings" (I hate normal pants)

I don't know if that helps, but maybe try getting a pair that is a bit "suck you in" style. Or since fall is coming...check out some high-waisted tights. I hate them for summer because they are extra-sweat inducing for me, but like them for fall/winter. I wear shirts over them of course so no one would know but me that they are high waisted.

And that's my too long answer.

I'd guess too big, especially since you are losing weight - do they have a drawstring?

No, no drawstring, just a wide waistband. They stayed up fine when I first got them "several pounds" ago.

Probably too big! I'm in the weird zone between two sizes right now from a little bit of weight loss.

One thing to check is if they are "compression style" or more "loose style" leggings. I have one pair of adidas running capris that just seem loose no matter what I do while I run/walk even though they seem fine for while standing still, and the same size of nike "compression" capris that suck me all in and stay put. The adidas are more comfy for house-lounging, but the nike ones are better for holding all of me "in" while excercising.
So I've literally seperated my wardrobe into "run leggings" and "non-run leggings" (I hate normal pants)

I don't know if that helps, but maybe try getting a pair that is a bit "suck you in" style. Or since fall is coming...check out some high-waisted tights. I hate them for summer because they are extra-sweat inducing for me, but like them for fall/winter. I wear shirts over them of course so no one would know but me that they are high waisted.

And that's my too long answer.

They're compression style. So I'm encouraged hearing that they're getting too big - I'll watch for a sale and try new ones in a smaller size! :P

Too big :) You'll end up mooning the neighborhood, but you will look good doing it. ;)

:rotfl:

If they are compression style and falling off, you must be losing some weight for sure -- go you!

So generally it means too big (which go you!) but I also want to provide an alternative. I have huge calves and thighs so when I run my long leggings stick to my calves more than anything else so when I move they slide down until they're hitting a particular spot on my calves. I have the same pair in capris (I even measured them off in case something was different between the two but they're identical other than length) and they don't fall down because they don't cover that part of my calves.

Yup - combination of too big or wearing/stretched out since you are smaller now! Back when I wore capris to run, I would get major drop-butt in them as my mileage and training increased and my body started changing. I basically started buying cheaper ones that I would view as almost "disposable" capris.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter