Ladies...leggings for the park

michellej47

Mouseketeer
So it looks like our trip next week is going to be pretty warm. While I have lost a bunch of weight, I'm not super comfortable in shorts yet. I'd love to wear some cropped leggings, but I have never really found a brand I love. I want something with more support than the popular super soft leggings, but I don't really want them to look like athletic wear. What are your favorites? Leggings like Lularoe look good on me the first time I wear them, then they lose their shape.

Well, I came in knowing exactly what I was going to suggest, but then you said you don't want them to look like athletic wear. My favorites are the champion brand at target, they suck everything in and are still easy to wear and comfortable. They have different styles so some are tighter than others, and some of the fabrics aren't as shiny and overtly "athletic" looking as their super tight compression ones, so that might work with what you're looking for. They're usually in the $25 - $35 range, and they don't lose their shape at all.

I pretty much live in them in the parks.

I really like the cottony ones from Walmart that are folded on shelves in the athletic wear area. I think they are $12. The only way they resemble athletic wear to me is that they have the brand name written on the back hip area, but my shirts come to my hip bones and cover it.

I get these from Walmart

Attachments

• 965913E8-C205-419E-A7DE-B762105F5282.png
    965913E8-C205-419E-A7DE-B762105F5282.png
    210.1 KB · Views: 59
Why not capris instead of leggings?

I pretty much live in Lularoe and Danskin capris from Walmart in the parks. The Danskin are a little more athletic looking, but are higher-waisted and have adequate stretch but aren't see-through. I really dislike how I look in shorts, so I wear leggings/capris year-round at Disney.

If you want support, I’d say look for more yoga pant leggings. There are some high waist ones from Old Navy and Gap that have worked well for me. I also like Gap’s regular leggings, but they are also more of the soft kind.

Other thoughts: have you tried moto leggings? I tried them in the parks and they worked well. They feel more like jeggings so they have support and are flattering. I bought mine at Jane.com which has different sellers and quality can vary, but here’s an example link: https://jane.com/deal/708965/moto-jegging-s-3x
I sized up which ensured they weren’t too tight. I’m sure other places sell them if you need faster shipping too.

My last thought is I have also had luck with cropped jeans that I can roll up a bit if it’s hot. Longer than Capri length and definitely better than shorts.

I have an obsession with Fabletics leggings, they are the same or better quality than Lululemon but don't stretch out as fast and are about 1/3 of the price... I also don't like shopping in real stores so I like that I can get them online. They range from very obviously workout wear look to way more fashion looking.

So it looks like our trip next week is going to be pretty warm. While I have lost a bunch of weight, I'm not super comfortable in shorts yet. I'd love to wear some cropped leggings, but I have never really found a brand I love. I want something with more support than the popular super soft leggings, but I don't really want them to look like athletic wear. What are your favorites? Leggings like Lularoe look good on me the first time I wear them, then they lose their shape.

Just curious what size Lularoe you have tried? They have the Tall & Curvy, but also the one size which are smaller.

I really like the cottony ones from Walmart that are folded on shelves in the athletic wear area. I think they are $12. The only way they resemble athletic wear to me is that they have the brand name written on the back hip area, but my shirts come to my hip bones and cover it.

This!!

I have several types of legging, and I prefer the Capri length or the one that come right to the knee, I also have gone the sundress and bike short route which worked really well...I like the high-waisted styles. You can find legging without the shinny fabric they will look like regular leggings... go with what you are comfortable in... trust me everyone will be wearing whatever, so be comfortable and do you!!!

Another thought I don't ever dry my active wear in the dryer and they don't loose their shape...I lay them on top of the dryer...

One more thought, getting the right size leggings is important... I wear different size's in different brands... so keep that in the back of your mind...

I love my Hue capri leggings. Super wide waistband that helps keeps things smooth without being constricting.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter