LADIES - anyone try the Detox Cellulite Wrap in the Spa yet?

LianeMJ

Earning My Ears
This will be our 4th cruise coming up end of June - wondering if any ladies have tried that spa treatment - something to do with detoxing and reducing cellulite - they say you lose at least a pound or two after this treatment. True? How does it feel? I am thinking of doing that instead of a massage this time around.

Originally posted by LianeMJ
they say you lose at least a pound or two after this treatment.

Surely to be made up the next time you eat dessert.

I haven't done it. But had to snicker during the DCL feature on the travel channel. They showed a lady getting it done and said things like "if this works" and "they say it does yada yada..." All statements made about it were rather ambiguous.

Probably the best way to drop a couple pounds is to exercise and not eat too much..... but of course, for me, that's harder to do!!! ;)

I know, I don't care as much about the pound or two but wonder if it does make the skin smoother on your legs, or how it feels? What other spa treatments have y'all done that you loved? I like the facials.

Did it .... won't do it again. There was no weighing in before and after, so I can't speak to weight loss. The operator made some measurements before and after and gleefully informed me that I had lost a great deal of inches (questionable). My skin appeared no different and I got my period several hours later (more than SEVEN days early - which never happens)!

There is a lot of vibrating activity in the midsection and they warned me that it may cause cramping. Also, I was told to stay out of the sun for 24 hours (!!! what??? I'm on a CARIBBEAN CRUISE!!) after the treatment.

They also told me that it works best with several treatments (surprise). I had originally scheduled a series of three, but cancelled the other two.

One more thing .... While all wrapped up, I was quite the captive audience for the sales pitch for hundreds of dollars of supplements that would "complete" this detox process.

Spend your money on something else. I wish I had asked about this treatment on the disboards before I wasted my money.

HAVE A GREAT TRIP :teeth:

I made the mistake of doing this tx 2 cruises ago--you are a captive audience to a hard sell sales pitch. Now I can always lose a few pounds, but the girl informed me I had dreaded type 2 cellulite and tried to force hundreds of dollars of products on me. When she measured me she pulled the tape tighter after and said I lost 3 inches over the 10 places she measured-right. I was left freezing in the room for about 10 minutes. the moral is--it didn't work, I was insulted and I wasted a LOT of money. I didn't go back to the spa on our last cruise because of the hard sell and bad experience---TRY SOMETHING ELSE!

I too found it bogus and basically uncomfortable. It's like having a "tens" unit hooked up to you while wrapped in slimmy stuff. The pitch for vitamins was fairly intense too.

I love the rainforest room, the salon and the alpha capsule. Basically I can do all of those for the same amount of money has this treatment. So my spa budget will be spent on other things.

Wow - glad I asked! I won't do it then, will try something else. After DH and I got massages last time they tried to sell us a bunch of products too...that's not right.

I was torn between the seaweed wrap and the cellulite treatment. After reading tons of feedback, I decided to take a chance and try the seaweed wrap. In short - I LOVED it!! Yes, as with many spa treatments, they do try to sell you stuff...but I'm the gal who can sit through a 3-hr timeshare sell and still say "nope"...so that wasn't a problem for me.

How did I feel? Well, the first thing my husband said to me (as I approached on wobbly legs and with a dopey grin) was "Honey, I don't think I've ever seen you look that relaxed!"

I've also heard that the cabana massage is wonderful...but I haven't tried it. Probably because it would cut into my Konk Kooler and float time.

:p

I too would opt for the seaweed wrap.
I had the other one on one of our first Disney cruises, when they were looking for a demo person to have it done during the spa tours. I'll try any spa treatment for free! They didn't measure me, so I don't know if I lost any inches. On our last cruise, we talked to a dining room server who has done it regularly and has lost inches, but he does is a lot...I don't know how effective a one-time shot would be. He said it seems to work by exercising his muscles with the electric current.
The seaweed wrap is DIVINE. It feels sooooo detoxifying! If you want soft skin, they had another type of wrap on the Magic. It was called something like "salt glow." They run you down with a product that seemed to be similar to the sugar rubs you can buy at Bath & Body Works, and then they wrap you up like the seaweed wrap. It was very nice!
Hubby loves the seaweed wrap so much that on the Magic, he told them that instead of the massage, he just wanted to be left in the seaweed twice as long.
Barb
Visit the Platinum Castaway Club at: www.castawayclub.com

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter