Labor Day - Hotels and Parks

CarolAnnC

<font color=blue>Caught Smuggling Jello Shot Syrin
Do you think the DL hotels will be booked solid the week prior to Labor Day?

How about the parks - will crowds be huge this week prior to the holiday? Might have the opportunity for a last minute trip and I am just checking to see if that would be a possible time frame? Thanks!

Yeesh - I hope that the parks won't be packed :scared1: . We arrive on the 25th! We will be offsight until that Friday and then at the GC for Labor Day weekend. I just found out last week that the Marathon (Half marathon?) will be on Monday, but they have other events starting on Sunday...
I saw pictures of WDW last year at the same time, and it was empty! That was part of our reasoning going to DL at this time! I know that many No. California schools are back in session, along with some Arizona, so hopefully that will help, but I also heard that AP holders can return to the parks around that time, so...
Anybody else have experience at the parks at this time in past years?

We were at the parks the Thurs and Fri right before Labor Day last year. We had MUCH smaller crowds than we had anticipated. We generally only go in the "off" season and never during summer months, so this was a first for us. However, they did not have the Half Marathon going on, which I believe could boost crowds for that weekend.

Good Luck! Use fast passes wisely and I'm sure you'll have a great time!

Subscribing! I may be able to make a last minute trip with me and my girls. I'd like to know what the crowds are like as well.

DH and I go every year to celebrate our wedding anniversary since we got married over Labor Day weekend. Surprisingly for the past 3 years so far, it hasn't been that busy. Call me jaded, but for us, busy standards have to be to the capacity of limiting the number of people coming in such as on Christmas day or New Years Eve. Never have we experienced this during Labor Day.

For the end of summer's last holiday weekend, it will be a "healthy" crowd, if not for the fact that the remaining schools in the area will start soon after and families want to get in their last vacations, then definitely for the Half Marathon/Health and Fitness weekend it will be this year. DH is running in the half marathon this year and seems like there will be 3000 other people joining him.

As long as you use the fastpass systems and don't mind a little wait here and there for food and rides, this should all be tolerable. Let me warn you though that weather can be on the warmer side and it usually is a toss up if it is dry heat or humidity, but usually it leans towards the dry heat.

And silly me, I forgot to answer your first question!:rolleyes:

As far as hotels go, If you check now I don't believe they will be booked solid. I was previously booked at Sheraton ($129 or 149 a night I forget) for that weekend and was able to change my reservation for concierge level at PPH. The flexibility seems possible, so if you were to plan this week, I'm sure you will find a hotel at a good price.

thanks. I have been MANY times before and will be travelling with toddlers, so I will def. take the lighter crowds over long hours.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter