LA Weightloss?

DaisyD

<font color=teal>Nothing like crunchy milk in the
Does anyone have any experience with them? I have an appointment with them this am and I'm wondering what to expect. I've got 25 lbs to lose and didn't want to go back the WW. I need something new! I tried to search the boards but it gave me every post with the word weight loss in it!

I know this is a day too late, but I've been doing LA's program for about 17 weeks, and I've lost 37lbs. It costs a little less than WW per week, but you have to pay for your entire program upfront. I really like the fact I have to go in 3 times a week...it keeps me from cheating. I'm about half way through my program (36 weeks to lose 72 lbs) and I'm very encouraged that I can do it.

Just let me know if you have any questions about what they explained to you today!

Dani

Thanks for the response! I went yesterday and have to say that I did not like having to pay for an entire year of maintenance. The program without food would have cost me $600 and my mom $800. That was just too much IMO. I was also disappointed in the lady that tried to sign us on. She has been with LA for 15 years yet is at least 100 lbs overweight herself! I didn't actually believe too much in what she was saying about the program when it was obvious she couldn't lose weight on it. She tried to get me to sign up for a credit card to pay for it. I had to explain to her that it wasn't that I couldn't afford it but that I thought it was a ridiculous amount. She also wanted us to pay $100 for bloodwork. When I told her that I just had all that done last week and could she use those results she said no. I pay nothing for bloodwork through our med plan so felt paying another $100 for the same stuff wasn't right. All in all I think I'll go back to WW. I lost 65 lbs with them years ago but just felt I'd give something new a try. I guess not! LOL!

Wow! I can't believe the difference in centers! Where are you, DaisyD? I'm in the Denver suburbs. I never had to do any bloodwork...never even heard of them offering that. When I signed up, they had 2 plans....one with 12 weeks of maintenance, and one with 52 weeks. I opted for the 52 because it was only like $50-$75 more for the year (some special they were running).

Sorry you had such a bad experience with them....but honestly, if you got a bad vibe from the manager, the counselors probably aren't much better.

Good luck at WW!

Dani

I am in MD. It is strange that they differ. The lady also said that the more weight you want to lose then the higher the cost.

I signed up for their program about two years ago, but asked for a refund after a few days. I hated the bars you had to eat (in order to get some money back after losing the weight, you are required to eat their nutritional bars...they tasted hideous) :sad2: . It took a few phones calls and threats, but I did get my money back.

I tried them as well and just didn't lose with them. I followed their plan but was having stomach problems, etc. They couldn't figure out why I wasn't losing.

I joined WW and I have lost 29.8 pounds so far.

Best of luck to you and your mom, I know you can do it together.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter