La Quinta Anaheim thoughts?

Lasersgo

Earning My Ears
Has anyone stayed at the la Quinta Anaheim? We are travelling from Australia to DLR for 3-4 days and reviews/prices seem pretty good.

If anyone’s stayed there recently let me know what you thought!

We stayed there on our 2017 trip. The hotel is fine, rooms were a bit small but had enough beds for our family (had to park our double stroller in the bathroom).The walk was LONG after a full park day. But it was doable and the price was right. Breakfast was decent and we just grabbed it to go every day and ate while we walked the half mile to the parks.

I stay there when I don't stay at the one in Costa Mesa. I walk it and I don't find it a long walk at all. Takes me about 15 minutes to walk it one way. My almost 68 year old mother walks it just fine as well even with a full park day. Costa Mesa actually drains us more because we can't easily walk back. We have to get on a bus, walk back to the car, and drive 20 minutes.

But I'm also able bodied without children. My mom is also in pretty decent shape as well and she'll probably hate me for saying her real age since no one believes she's that old just looking at her lol!

Anywho, there is an ART shuttle that is easily accessible from the hotel next door. I don't use it, but I know it's there because they offered it to racers for free on race weekends I'm the past. I prefer that it's not right on Harbor because I don't have to deal with foot traffic when I do enter it exit with my car.

The breakfast is decent. I love their waffles. That particular location they make the mini ones and do them for you. Most LQs it's a "make your own waffles". This one has so many people that come down for breakfast that they have to just make them to keep too long a line from forming. I wish this one would add bacon like one I stayed at in Missoula had. There's one in San Diego that does scrambled eggs; this one is usually hard boiled.

The rooms are clean and comfortable. I've never tried the pool, but it is partially outdoors (covered by a roof, but visible from the outside parking lot).

Parking is terrible. I rarely move my car unless I ran out of cat food or something because I misjudged how much I needed to bring...

Which brings me to my next point: it is a pet friendly hotel. Very pet friendly. That's why I stay there because my cat is not only welcomed with coos and scritches (they do ask before petting of course), but I don't pay a fee for her. If you have animal allergies at all, I would not recommend this hotel. I've never been able to determine if they have a dedicated pet floor/rooms or not. But it would be something I'd ask them if you do have an allergy at all.

While my Riley is hypoallergenic, not all pets are. I also go out of my way to make sure she is never noticed that she was a guest (I even bring a little vacuum in case any of her litter spills off the catch mat).

Anywho, I think it's a decent location to stay. But that walk is not for everyone and it is good to know it is a pet friendly place.

I haven’t stayed there but some friends of mine did. I can say first hand that the management provided them with exceptional customer service. I had called to request something for them and the manager absolutely went above and beyond to make their stay special! You can PM me if you’d like details.

I looked at this for my stay in September. But after spending a bit of time reading reviews on Yelp, I avoided it. Be aware this is a pet friendly hotel, lots of photos on Yelp showing cats and dogs, for some that's an issue.

Thanks all! Yeah it’s just the girlfriend and myself. Walking 15 min or so shouldn’t be an issue for us!

I did read the parking situation was horrendous online.

Any suggestions of similar price range hotels that may be better options?

Thanks all! Yeah it’s just the girlfriend and myself. Walking 15 min or so shouldn’t be an issue for us!

I did read the parking situation was horrendous online.

Any suggestions of similar price range hotels that may be better options?

Check the Hotel Indigo on Katella. Free underground parking and its a closer walk to everything. Its within a two minute walk to restaurants and two different 24/7 drug stores, liquor store, and serveral convenience stores. It takes us 10 minutes to walk to Disneyland. Unique decor that adults would appreciate more than kids and a great bathroom!!! The prices vary a lot depending on when and how early you book. It can go for $135 or 235 per night depending on the dates you book. We go often and we like it a lot.

I just stayed here in August and while it is a bit of a trek we used the ART and had no issues. The room was clean the breakfast was ok but the service was fantastic. I would stay here again for sure.

In addition to the Hotel Indigo on Katella, look at the Motel 6 on Clementine (I think), the Super 8 on Disneyland Dr. (walkable to M&F tram), BW Stovall's, Cortona (walkable to TS shuttles), and the King's Inn on Katella.

I’ll have to definitely give those a look! Any of the ~200 a night hotels you all would recommend? We would love to do good budget hotels, but could spend a bit more for quality.

I’ll have to definitely give those a look! Any of the ~200 a night hotels you all would recommend? We would love to do good budget hotels, but could spend a bit more for quality.
Whenever we can get the Candy Cane Inn for less than $200/night, we grab it. That hotel is a favorite on these boards -- clean, close, private shuttle, generous continental breakfast, great customer service, free parking, etc. They offer various discounts, so you can check to see if you qualify for something.

Google " hotels near Disneyland " . You will get a map with prices. Quality Inn on South Manchester is a good budget motel less than 10 minute walk.Ask for a second floor room away from the pool and freeway to avoid noise . Join their Choice Privileges for free to get best discount ,around $100/ night.

I’ve heard all over the place Candy Cane Inn is a favourite of a lot of people. I’ll have to check prices for my dates.

Thanks!

Google " hotels near Disneyland " . You will get a map with prices. Quality Inn on South Manchester is a good budget motel less than 10 minute walk.Ask for a second floor room away from the pool and freeway to avoid noise . Join their Choice Privileges for free to get best discount ,around $100/ night.
Jumping in on the thread with a quick question about this... Looking on Google Maps, I see that Quality Inn is on Manchester. I assume there's no "short cuts," like through the Fairfield parking lot or such?

Jumping in on the thread with a quick question about this... Looking on Google Maps, I see that Quality Inn is on Manchester. I assume there's no "short cuts," like through the Fairfield parking lot or such?

Nevermind. Just called when their website wouldn't load prices... It's becoming a Hilton; rebranding starts in November. Guess their website wasn't broken after all.... (But, can we all just take a moment and consider Business 101 here: Don't close a successful, close-to-resort hotel right before the largest money-making season the resort has. It's not like the rebranding is going to be done quick enough for the Christmas crowds. Okay, off my soapbox. Back to searching for my "diamond in the rough" hotel. You know the one--huge rooms with great beds, a 2-minute walk, splash park with noise-cancelling walls around it, separate adults-only hot tub, masseuse free of charge for those aching feet, and available for less than $100 a night. I'm not going to go overboard on this request; I'm not even expecting a hair dryer in the room ;) )

Toilet Dirty when we stayed here when we stayed. never Again

I'm actually thrilled to hear that Quality Inn will become a Hilton. I wonder which brand it will be, maybe Hampton or Home2 Suites? Looking forward to a walkable option where I can earn and spend HHonors points!

I really like the Anaheim hotel. Reasonable price and right across the street. Just booked my November trip at 120 a night plus tax for during the week. Cheaper than any other place on harbor. The beds are comfortable and they have an attached pizza place that is good. The full bar at the hotel also has a good happy hour, $5 well drinks and the liquor they use for well is pretty good plus $7 pizzas.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter