la hacienda de san angel

chipndales

bELIeve GO GIANTS!
Has anyone eaten there and what did you think? Made ressies for my brother and I (he lives in AZ and loves Mexican, but he eats real Mexican). Was it worth the price, in your opinion, and how was the food? :goodvibes

We went during our September trip and it was the most amazing meal of the trip the food just melted in your mouth it was so good. I was blown away with our meal. There are some pictures on my signature under September Food. We are heading there soon and we are planning 3 meals there we loved it so much. So I will have more pics soon. We were able to watch Illuminations while enjoying a terrific meal and it is so amazing. Hope that helps and the pictures help you decide! :)

Thanks for the pictures, I can't wait to eat there and I'm glad the OP put up this thread!

We really enjoyed our meal here. In fact, it is the meal that I most remember from our past few trips. The prices are not too bad. We shared the two person platter and it was plenty of food. They bring you more rice, beans and flour tortillas if you need. It is beautiful inside, and the server was Outstanding!

We went during our September trip and it was the most amazing meal of the trip the food just melted in your mouth it was so good. I was blown away with our meal. There are some pictures on my signature under September Food. We are heading there soon and we are planning 3 meals there we loved it so much. So I will have more pics soon. We were able to watch Illuminations while enjoying a terrific meal and it is so amazing. Hope that helps and the pictures help you decide! :)

That Tilapia looks outstanding! I think my mouth just watered lol. Thank you so much for the link and opinion... I'm positive I made the right choice now. :cool1:

Thank you, thank you for all the opinions. I love it! I'm excited to get there and try it already!

but he eats real Mexican). Was it worth the price,

We're trying it in two weeks. This is now the only Epcot restaurant we haven't eaten at.

Just out of curiosity what is real Mexican? What is real American food? There are so many varieties and choices as to make it impossible to tell what "real" is.

Our DIL was born and raised in Mexico City and Columbia and she has wildly different opinions as to what is authentic Mexicn and authentic American! :lmao:

Since our son loves to grill & smoke stuff she will tell you taht is real American. Oh and pizza too. That's real American! :rotfl:

Just saying........

We're trying it in two weeks. This is now the only Epcot restaurant we haven't eaten at.

Just out of curiosity what is real Mexican? What is real American food? There are so many varieties and choices as to make it impossible to tell what "real" is.

Our DIL was born and raised in Mexico City and Columbia and she has wildly different opinions as to what is authentic Mexicn and authentic American! :lmao:

Since our son loves to grill & smoke stuff she will tell you taht is real American. Oh and pizza too. That's real American! :rotfl:

Just saying........

I'm from NY so I generally consider mexican taco bell :lmao: We do have several Mexican places to eat so I can't really comment on most of those, but the few I've been to are sort of Mexican"ish".

He's from AZ (which I've visited several times) and they have these insane "fast food" mexican places which serve what I would consider to be actual Mexican food! It tastes nothing like Taco Bell.. they have everything in Spanish. He's also been to Mexico several times so you know... I didn't want him to be like "ah not real mexican food but it's good" know what I mean? He's been on the streets of Mexico buying from real vendors and in the small eateries there that aren't where most tourists go. ;)

We are eating there too for the first time! I hope we love it! I am from TX so I am hoping for some good TexMex, although we live in Chicagoland now! Can't wait! I just booked a last minute ressie a minute ago for next Sunday! :)

That Tilapia looks outstanding! I think my mouth just watered lol. Thank you so much for the link and opinion... I'm positive I made the right choice now. :cool1:

It was amazing. I was so happy I ordered it. We went there and just kind of let our server be our guide to what was good and he more than did a good job. It was amazing. The sizes were very generous as well.

Hope you have a wonderful trip and enjoy it as much as I did.

La Hacienda is supposed to replicate a true high-end Mexican restaurant. It has been many years since I've eaten at a high-end Mexican restaurant (in Mexico) so I can't tell you if they replicated one or not. But I can say I really enjoyed my meal as did the dozen of family members that also ate there a few weeks ago.

I'd recommend the Del Mar for 2 if you enjoy seafood.

instead of San Angel Inn? Can you see Illuminations good from La Hacienda? I thought it was indoors and the Cantina was outdoors. Shows you what I know! I would definitely switch if we can eat there and see Illuminations! Please let me know so I can switch ressies!!

instead of San Angel Inn? Can you see Illuminations good from La Hacienda? I thought it was indoors and the Cantina was outdoors. Shows you what I know! I would definitely switch if we can eat there and see Illuminations! Please let me know so I can switch ressies!!

La Hacienda is the new table service(at dinner) resturant on the lagoon. I think it is close to where the Cantina was. San Angel is inside.

I believe you can see Illuminations from some areas inside, but they are limited. But you definately have a better chance of seeing Illuminations there than San Angel. ;)

Is it on the dining plan? One credit or two?

thanks

It is on the Dining Plan and is 1 credit. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter