La Brea Bakery question

Sorcerer Jody

Mouseketeer
We would like to eat dinner at La Brea Bakery on our arrival day. We arrive at SNA at 2:15, and the only reservation time available is 4:15 - that seems a bit tight, doesn't it? If we don't make a reservation, are we likely to still be able to eat dinner there? We travel at the end of July, so I realize it will be busy.

We land at 6 (SNA) and have a reservation at Tortilla Jo's at 7:30. It's a bit tight but I'm going for it anyway!

Still trying to decide whether to keep this dining reservation or not...have to cancel by today! Can someone please tell me whether there is indoor and/or outdoor dining at this cafe? Also, if I cancel our reservation, and we decide just to use the express counter, is there usually a long line-up? Thanks!

We would like to eat dinner at La Brea Bakery on our arrival day. We arrive at SNA at 2:15, and the only reservation time available is 4:15 - that seems a bit tight, doesn't it? If we don't make a reservation, are we likely to still be able to eat dinner there? We travel at the end of July, so I realize it will be busy.
SNA landing around 2:15.

Baggage claimed by 2:45. (We've had long waits for luggage lately!)

Uber/Lyft pick up 3:00.

Arrive @ Hotel 3:30.

Enter hotel room 3:45. (Because it seems like check-in takes forever lately!)

Then a walk to DTD; obviously different amount of time to get there based on what hotel you are at.

Timing could definitely be tight. Any flight delay (so common right now) could make you too late. In May I had a flight leave on time and arrive 20 minutes late (no idea why), so pairing that with the frequency of other reasons flights are delayed, i don't trust the arrival time much at all anymore 😂 I've had an Uber cancel when he couldn't figure out how to get to the pick up area, and the next driver was like 12 minutes away. Obviously that would have made me late for a close reservation.

However... Not checking bags would potentially open up 30 minutes. Having a car service waiting curbside for you could open up 15 minutes. Staying across the street from the pedestrian entrance would cut down on the time to get to the restaurant.

Personally, I'd cancel, but admittedly I tend to be a bit anxious, so the idea that I could miss a restaurant reservation because of tardiness would just increase my anxiety and freak me out. Most places still have a walk-up list you can be added to. Might want to consider calling to see if they can move your ressie to later, and if they can't, then cancel and cross your fingers for a walk-up list.

Thanks for your advice! Very luckily, an opening at 5:15 just became available! Yay! So I switched it and hopefully we make that one. :)

You will make it, but it's mostly outside dining (and it is gonna be warm at 4:15).

Is there a specific reason you booked this restaurant? It's really not that special. There is never anyone at the walk up. It's not exactly a popular place. There are far better options in Downtown Disney (just my 2 cents).

I LOVE La Brea Bakery bread. That restaurant, though, leaves a lot to be desired.

Maybe not so special...but we want salads! (Before we enter Disneyland and my kids exist on pizza and macaroni and cheese for the rest of the week, lol!) And we like outdoor dining, and the close location! But thanks for your thoughts. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter