KTTWC - was planning to stay offsite first two nights

sfscrapper2004

Earning My Ears
Hi.

I have a question about the KTTW Card.

I have booked the Polynesian for arrival Sunday and check out Friday, but I am actually arriving in Orlando on the Friday before and was planning on staying on a non-Disney property near downtown disney on Friday and Saturday night.

When I booked my package I went ahead and bought an 8 day ticket thinking we may check out DisneyQuest sometime Friday and maybe one of the water parks on Saturday. I didn't realize that the KTTW card was issued at hotel check-in and would serve as your ticket. So I guess under my package I would not get my park ticket until we check in at the Poly and my plan wouldn't not work?

Trying to decide what to do...is my understanding of the KTTW Card correct?
Is there anything I can do in my situation or should I adjust my package to a 6 day ticket?

Thanks in advance.

unless you are on a deal that you NEED tickets through Disney you could book room only with Disney and then buy tickets separately so you can start enjoying the parks from off site.

I would just change to a room only and purchase my tickets ahead of time. This way you have them when you arrive in Orlando.

Thanks. Sorry for all the questions. If I buy the tickets separately then would I be able to get the early entrance for the parks once I check-in to Poly?

Thanks for the replies...now I am thinking maybe I'll try staying at Port Orleans French Quarter for Friday and Saturday. So my question now, if I book POFQ for those two nights and buy 8 day hopper tickets with that reservation and then change the Poly reservation to room only would that work?

Thanks for all the help!

So glad you asked this, I'm considering staying off site for the first night if I end up going in November, and I was wondering what I should do about tix! I was thinking I would just book the room and buy tix separately, but I was wondering if there was any other way to go about doing it. It's kind of annoying, since I would have probably wanted to use the dining plan.

Do you know if it's possible to add your tix to the KTTW card once you check into your Disney resort, even if you already used a day or two on the tix?

You don't have the dining plan, do you??? You won't be able to purchase the dining plan without tickets.

I'd like to add the best way to extend your stay in Disney when you have a package is on the 'backside' of your trip.

Your tickets will continue to work for up to 14 days from first use or until all the entitlements are used up.

So.. if you plan your trip that way.. you can have the dining plan, stay on a Disney package with tickets on your room key and just have your offsite stay on the back end of your trip.

Just a thought.

K

I don't have the dining plan. I decided I didn't want to get tied down trying to use it up and find specific places to eat.

Thanks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter