KTTK tour or Backstage Magic

kshark1958

Mouseketeer
Saw the big price difference between The Keys to the Kingdom Tour and Behind the Magic Tour. Just wondering if anyone did both and if Behind the Magic is worth the extra 175.00.Or what is the difference.

I did KTTK. It was a long 5 hours, with less than an hour of sitting down (most of which was at lunch). We did a walk-on at Haunted Mansion and Jungle Cruise, plus a lot of back stage areas.

BTM is a 7 hour tour. I'd be interested myself to hear how much more one could see.

This question has been posted on the TPAS Board - more responses there.

I did both tours, but it was years ago. I preferred Back Stage Magic. We saw much more of the backstage areas. However, it also included learning how to draw a character, which wasn't really of interest to me and took up quite a bit of time.

Our KTTK tour guide talked about Disney history, and I'm more interested in how the parks are run today. When we went into the Utilidors, he had us stand in one place for 15 minutes and look at pictures on the wall while he described what had been photographed. Perhaps the experience is different depending on your tour guide. I think the highlight of the tour for my nephew (who was a senior in high school then) was that we got into the Magic Kingdom early. We stood aside at park opening and watched the hordes of people approach. That was pretty cool. Of course the park opening procedure is different now.

AllEars has reviews of the tours: http://land.allears.net/reviewpost/showcat.php?cat=66

IMO BSM was a better tour, more to see and you got better rest breaks as you move from park to park. We have found that all of the tours have positives and negatives. Why Disney lets the negatives exist is beyond me.

:earsboy: Bill

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter