• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Krispy Kremes vs Beignets

mitchinson

Mouseketeer
Will be staying at POR in early Dec and am dieing to try the beignets. Sorry...just tried my first Krispy Kreme today and was not that impressed and was hoping the beignets were better. In all honesty, the Krispy Kreme was not "hot off the press" and therefor, was probably not at it's best. I understand the beignets are best too while served immediately. Anyone out there that could compare the two?

While I like both... there's just something about a hot Krispy Kreme - if it were a cold Krispy Kreme or a hot biegnet.. I'd take the biegnet any day :)

If you have a Copeland's restaurant - they serve biegnets on Sunday mornings with their brunch menu... sometimes we go just for coffee and biegnets :)

Beignets! Being a Louisiana girl I don't think you can really compare the two ;) . I like fresh Krispy Kreme doughnuts, but give me a hot beignet any day!!

If you're ever in New Orleans, be sure and go to Cafe du Monde and try some there. They're famous...

The POR beignets are good. Either one is a tasty treat. But they are different.
A hot KK almost melts on impact.
A beignet has more substance to it and is kind of a cross between pastry and dough. The powderd sugar makes them very good. Some are hollow inside, some have a lot of air and some are relatively solid.
I would choose a beignet only because KK are so common here. At least a beignet is different! :)
DH really liked the peacan pie at POR too. Their bakery was always well stocked and very good. Prices weren't bad either. :)

We just got back from New Orleans and we had beignets at Cafe du Monde! Delicious! MUCH better than KK, IMO.

No contest--beignets all the way!!! Sort of like comparing a fine Filet with flank steak.

I think I'm in the minority here, but I think I go w/ KK.

I, too, was dying to get those beignets last year at POFQ. They were like zeppoles, only not as good - hey, maybe I got an "off" batch.

Had my very first Krispy Kreme while visiting DM in Houston area last winter. Definitely to die for! Best doughnuts in the world - and not so easy to come by in my area yet!

THis is an easy one. I was at POR in August for a week and in June for a week and they don't serve KK anymore. Unless they started back within the past 3 weeks, they are no more. I was at the A/S in April 2 weeks and no KK there either. So, problem solved.

The coffee is strong at the Cafe DuMonde and the donuts are too hot to touch. But, just like a fool when those sweet goodies cool I eat 'til I eat way too much. 'Cause I'm living on things that excite me, be they pastries or lobster or love. I'm just trying to get by being quiet and shy in a world full of pushin' and shovin'.

Beignets anyday!!!

I am not wild about KK...too much glaze on them. I was so anxious to try beignets last yr. at PO but I wasn't wild about them the 1st day. 2nd morning I bought some and put them in the food court microwave for a few secs. just to warm them....wow! could have easily eaten them all...yummy.

Krispy Kreme...BUT its got to be fresh. DOnt but them unless the sign at the store says HOT NOW! They melt in your mouth. Try them again when the HOT NOW sign is lit up.

Ummmmmm!!!!! I think I will go now!

Beignets all the way!!!

When I worked as a flight attendant for Eastern Airlines we used to stop at Cafe Du Monde on the way to the airport in the morning. Our uniforms were covered with powdered sugar!!! It was well worth it.

Beignets and Cafe Au Lait!!!!!!!!!!! What a treat!

When I flew over Labor Day weekend, I stopped and bought a dozen KK on the way to the airport. I found a box of KK puts a friendly smile on everyone's face -- even when they don't get any! ;) :teeth:
Although security did threaten to confiscate them! :jester: ;)

I was born in New Orleans and now live in SC, which is very close to the headquarters for Krispy Kreme. My advice is to have a Krispy Kreme for breakfast and a beignet for desert. :)

Thanks for all your replys. Ahhhh, guess I'll just have to wait till New Year's Eve to start that diet!!!! A new grocery store in the area started selling the K/K and I think they might get made somewhere else and shipped there so I don't think I'll ever see the "Hot" sign. For 65 cents a piece, I thought a fresh donut from Wal-Mart for 35 cents was just as good. To each his own....I don't like gravy on my chocolate cake either!!!!! Thanks again!

If you are familiar with the Cafe Du Monde beignets from New Orleans, the beignets at POR will be a HUGE letdown. KK are wonderful, but like everyone else, I agree they are best when served warm. It's a toss-up!

Originally posted by Goog
The coffee is strong at the Cafe DuMonde and the donuts are too hot to touch. But, just like a fool when those sweet goodies cool I eat 'til I eat way too much. 'Cause I'm living on things that excite me, be they pastries or lobster or love. I'm just trying to get by being quiet and shy in a world full of pushin' and shovin'.

Lol! Someone with excelllent taste! Btw... that would be pushin' and shove ". MOTM, then Old Key West here I come! Guess I have to make a stop at PO now, too! ;)

the quiet and shy one

Originally posted by mitchinson
A new grocery store in the area started selling the K/K and I think they might get made somewhere else and shipped there so I don't think I'll ever see the "Hot" sign. For 65 cents a piece, I thought a fresh donut from Wal-Mart for 35 cents was just as good. To each his own...

KK's just started showing up in this area. While they are a very good glazed donut, especially hot, they really are a bit too sweet for me.
When I ended up at CBR last Nov, I picked up a box of KK's at the grocery store. Think I ended up eating only one, then feeding the rest to the ducks. Yuck!!! They really do need to be fresh!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter