Koodo in Orlando?

Bigwands

Mouseketeer
Any Koodo users about? They told me when I switched (Rogers majorly screwed me over last time I was in the US) that I may have service in the US, or I may not. BF and I are both on Koodo, so if Koodo users can't get service down there we're SOL.

We're driving down this summer, so any tips about coverage along the way (Toronto area > Orlando) would also be welcome.:drive:

Any Koodo users about? They told me when I switched (Rogers majorly screwed me over last time I was in the US) that I may have service in the US, or I may not. BF and I are both on Koodo, so if Koodo users can't get service down there we're SOL.

We're driving down this summer, so any tips about coverage along the way (Toronto area > Orlando) would also be welcome.:drive:

Hi there, Kodoo user here. Love Kodoo. I just returned on Dec 27th from Orlando and had a 10 day US plan on my phone. It was $40.00 it included 250 mbs of data, calls and texts. Haven't gotten my bill yet so can't say what it says on there. But we had no problems.

Good to know. I'm assuming you're on a plan then? Boyfriend has a plan, but I use the prepaid which I think is why they told me I couldn't count on service.

Koodo here as well.

DH and I both paid $15 to have about 300 texts while in the US in May. DH used his wifi a lot, and BBMd his sister for free.

But yes, we both have plans.

I think on the pre-paid you can't purchase the US roaming plans - but I could be wrong. The Koodo forums have lots of info for users!

Been Koodo for number of years and only use phone and data, $30 for unlimited 30days i think. Works great and no need for data, wifi everywhere in Disney, works for me.

Koodo as well.

With or without the roaming package, you will have service. I used AT&T towers last time I went.

Definitely see if you can get some sort of roaming package for texting and calls if you can, because it sure can get PRICEY if you don't!

We just got back from 2 weeks vacation on the Gulf Coast in Fort Myers area over the holidays. My daughter is with Koodo and I just added the $20 unlimited texted messaging for 30 days while we were there so she could text her friends in Canada as well. She did not use data while down there. She just connected with the wifi in our home that we rented.
http://help.koodomobile.com/coverage-long-distance-and-travelling/travelling

We added the 10 day talk and text to our plan for 10 dollars. Never used it but it was there if we needed it.
I only use prepaid as well so I had to buy another sim card for 11 dollars and go on a plan for 2 months. The guy said it's just easier this way and your phone number will stay active for 3 months but you will end up with a new phone number for the duration of that sim card. Go on the cheapest plan they have, add the 10 day package. It's a 30 day notice to quit a plan so plan on being on it for 2 months. You can cancel within 18 days for no fees but I decided to keep it for the 2 months and go back to my old sim card next month.
I did everything from the Kodoo kiosk at the mall

We drove down 2 weeks ago with 2 Koodo phones, we had the unlimited text package and it was fine, we were able to text along the way, and in Disney.

My husband and I both have phones on the Koodo network and have had no issues using them in various parts of the US including Walt Disney World.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter