Konas

Wenlitz

<font color=6699FF>The Tag Fairy has been known to
We are going to try Kona's. Whose eaten there recently?? Is it good?? :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

It probably has been a few months ago. But we eat there often enough to say our Kona Cafe meals have always been good. :banana:

We will be having dinner there. Have seen some negative comments regarding Ohanas so was wondering about Kona's. Thanks

I've had breakfast, dinner and dessert there. My favourites are the french toast or blueberry pancakes for breakfast, the shrimps and scallops for dinner and just about anything for dessert *lol*. Just kidding! My favourite dessert items are Koko Puffs and the creme brulee.

Make sure you get a pressed pot of coffee. That stuff is great :)

DS13 & I have a brkfst PS there in Aug

Im glad you enjoyed the blueberry pancakes as thats what Im planning. We're also doing Chef Mickey's & Crystal Palace brkfsts that wk so I want to cut down somewhere on the eggs.

I may take my 2 Grandkids, while mom and dad have a night out. How is the childrens menu? I am looking for something manageable on my own. Is this a good choice?

bunnyfoo said:
My favourites are the french toast or blueberry pancakes for breakfast...

Are the blueberry pancakes the kind with real blueberries baked in or just regular pancakes with blueberry topping...don't ask, I have some VERY picky breakfast eaters (and it's the grown ups, not the kids!)...

We ate there in March. Tonga Toast for breakfast is to die for and their coffee is really good also. We did lunch there a while ago and had the asia noodle bowl it was yummy. :cheer2:

We had dinner at Kona two weeks ago ~ 2 of us who were there on vacation were joined by 3 CP-ers (WDW college progam students). While Kona isn't great on 'atmosphere', the food was wonderful :) We started with sticky wings ~ everyone agreed they were great. We tried quite a few of the dinner choices - Macadamia Mahi-Mahi, Teriyaki Beef, Coconut-Cashew Chicken, Prime Rib. White Chocolate Cheesecake and Banana-Caramel Creme Brulee were the desserts we shared. Everything was fantastic. I think you'll definitely enjoy having dinner at Kona.

hauntedmansion20 said:
OMG! Get the stcky wings. Those are the best wings i have ever eatin! Good for an appatizer. :umbrella:

I definitely agree, the sticky wings are fantastic....mmmmhhhhh

tonga toast is large enough to share! and it is very sweet. no problem here as i have a sweet tooth! :teleport: :earboy2: :wave:

We try to eat at Kona for bkfst. every trip! We ate there last in March. :Pinkbounc We always start with a fruit cup, I had the pineapple/macadamia pancakes (which were great), my ds had the childs pancake (in the shape of a mickey head), my dh had the big Kahuna! We always enjoy it! :cheer2:

Hopefully said:
I may take my 2 Grandkids, while mom and dad have a night out. How is the childrens menu? I am looking for something manageable on my own. Is this a good choice?

I think it is a great choice for your situation. I don't remember everything on the kids menu but there is a good size cheeseburger on it that is excellent.

The prime rib is great and so is the cocunut chicken. The mahi mahi was my favorite but the last time I had it, it was very different. Good but I lked the old version better.

We had dinner there last week. It is now our favorite WDW restaurant!! My 12 yo ds and I could have made a meal out of the bread alone. Our server was great. Our little ones (4 and 2.5 yo) were starving, so he brought their grilled cheese (3 layers of bread) kid's plates out first. My 4 yo son inhaled his grilled cheese. My older ds, dh, and I split an order of the Pot Stickers. Yumm! The pickled cucumbers add just the right amount of zip to this dish. Dh had Beef Teriyaki and LOVED it. In fact, he enjoyed his big steak so much, he only offered me one teeny-tiny bite. This is very unusual behavior for him. Older ds had the pork tenderloin dish. It was very, very rich; so he was only able to eat 1/2 of it. That's not to say he didn't enjoy it! He raved about it all evening! I had the Macadamia-Crusted Mahi Mahi. This was the best dish I have had in a long, long time!!! At first, I couldn't decide between this and the scallop and shrimp dish. Our server helped me to decide. He heartily recommended the Mahi Mahi and stated that the other dish was good but very small -- only 3 scallops and 3 shrimp. We were so full at the end of our meal that even the little ones didn't have room for dessert. I can't wait to go back to Kona!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter