• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Kona Cafe Review x 3

SnowWitch

DIS Veteran
Kona Cafe has long been one of our favorite places to dine at Disney so this should explain why we chose to dine there 3 times during our 10 day stay. We were on the DDP.

Visit 1 7/7/06 Sat

Just myself, DH, and DD (1)
appetizers
crab cakes x2

entrees
Pan Asian Pasta
Big Kahuna Burger

desserts
Macadamia Nut Pie
Kilahuea Torte

The crab cakes are good but not what I would classify as great. The Pasta was good but very filling and was more than enough for 2 adults to share. The DH enjoyed the burger. We took the desserts to go and the teens enjoyed them later. Our server was Lori and she did a great job. I didn't feel rushed at all. Total=$74.84 (2 TS credits)

Visit #2 7/10/06
Appetizers
Sticky wings x2
crab cakes x2

Entrees
Asian Prime Rib x2
Filet Mignon x2

Desserts
Kilahuea Tote
Kiddie Kone
White Choc Cheesecake x2

I have to say my only complaint about Kona is I feel the appetizer menu is somewhat limited. My dh and I chose the crab cakes again and they were good, the boys sticky wings were great. The 14 yr old loved them, the 16 yr old didn't but this is a kid that eats only cheese and mayo on a burger.

Entrees- I must say when people say you can cut the filet with a fork they do not exaggerate. We ordered ours medium and they were cooked perfectly. Best entree of the trip!!! The boys enjoyed their prime rib. The desserts were good as always. We paid cash for our 1 yr old's chicken tenders as she was not on the dining plan. Total=$200.73 ( 4 TS credits) Server- Malia, the worst server of the trip. She had only 2 tables but still managed to make us feel as though she didn't have time for us. I disliked her enough that I would request a different server if I recieved her again.

Visit #3 7/14/06
This trip was one of our last sit down meals and we were all tired and stuffed from overeating. We had 2 TS credits left. And myself, DH, son (14), and son (16) shared. Our daughter, who is one, ordered from the kids menu.

We ordered sticky wings and crabcakes. The filet x2 and I don't remember the desserts. The filets again were fabulous. I somehow managed to lose this reciept but the total was somewhere around $100 + had we been paying cash. (2 TS Credits). Our server whose name escapes me was GREAT!!

Glad to hear you enjoyed Kona. We have never been, but are trying ti for the first time in September.

Enjoyed reading your reviews ~ Thanx for sharing.

Thanks for sharing your reviews, I enjoyed reading them. :thumbsup2

Kona Cafe is one of our favorite WDW restaurants, so I enjoyed reading about your meals there. Thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter