• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Knowing the amount of rooms left to book

SL6827

DIS Veteran
I wonder if Disney will ever allow members to see just how many rooms are available for reservations. If one was wanting to book two studios or wanted to move reservations for two studios this might be helpful to know before you tried it. I am doubting they will, but it would be nice.

An easy work-around is to call Member Services for this transaction.

An easy work-around is to call Member Services for this transaction.
Yes, it is easy to place a call but not so easy when you have to place many calls - sometimes 3 times a day - to check on availability. I just went through this a few weeks ago - needed a one night reservation for friends in May. 2 couples traveling together with children - needed 2 rooms at the same resort. It was extremely frustrating to have to call Member Services *every single time* something popped up to inquire whether there were 2 rooms. And every CM I talked to said that this happens very frequently. I do see where there could be issues advertising number of rooms available - a lock-off could be a 2 bedroom, or 1 bedroom and a studio for example.

Yes, it is easy to place a call but not so easy when you have to place many calls - sometimes 3 times a day - to check on availability. I just went through this a few weeks ago - needed a one night reservation for friends in May. 2 couples traveling together with children - needed 2 rooms at the same resort. It was extremely frustrating to have to call Member Services *every single time* something popped up to inquire whether there were 2 rooms. And every CM I talked to said that this happens very frequently. I do see where there could be issues advertising number of rooms available - a lock-off could be a 2 bedroom, or 1 bedroom and a studio for example.

It sounds like the timeframe might have still been more than 30 days out so unless there was some reason like not wanting to borrow points if there weren't 2 rooms couldn't you have booked one room and then seen if there was a second room? And then if not cancelled the first room?

It sounds like the timeframe might have still been more than 30 days out so unless there was some reason like not wanting to borrow points if there weren't 2 rooms couldn't you have booked one room and then seen if there was a second room? And then if not cancelled the first room?
yes this exactly. I did not want to keep pulling points.

It would be nice if they did something like DCL and allowed the booking of multiple villas in one transaction.

DCL beats every other line in this respect. As a family of 5 that wants connecting rooms the frustration of trying to book two cabins on another line is >:(

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter