Knotts Theme Park

ahill004

DIS Veteran
We have never been and actually jut heard about Knotts. We have two children (4 and 6) who are both thrills seekers. However the younger one is petite and will hopefully hit 40 inches by our trip (this summer). Couple questions:

Is there a lot she can ride since she isn't that tall?

Is the park crazy crowded during the summer months? What are average wait times for the rides? (We usually do disney world in offseason to avoid crowds).

At 40", there isn't much she can ride other than the little kid's rides.

If you go to this link on their website (http://knottsberryfarm.com/public/park/rides/index.cfm), you can look up each of the rides and you'll see that most require 48", although a couple require 42", but still not as low as 40" (other than the little kid ones).

For a park like Knott's, it's not worth it, in my opinion, if you can't ride the thrill rides. It's hardly worth it for me and I CAN ride everything...

Unfortunately KBF height restrictions are pretty high compared to Disney. My DD10 is small for her age and it took her awhile to get tall enough to ride the coasters. Now she's tall enough for Xcelerator so I want to take her back-I know she'll love it!

Yes, the park can get crazy crowded in summer. Alot of teenagers have AP (they were just on sale for $59.95) and hang out there. They don't offer anything like FP and they tend to load slowly. However, I do enjoy KBF for what it is. When DD was smaller we spent alot of time in Camp Snoopy and she loved it! Maybe your DD4 will too.:goodvibes

my family wants to go here, but I'm not a thrill seeker ride type at all. What can I do while they are riding all those crazy rides? maybe I'll just stay at the hotel and lay out in the sun! ;)

my family wants to go here, but I'm not a thrill seeker ride type at all. What can I do while they are riding all those crazy rides? maybe I'll just stay at the hotel and lay out in the sun! ;)

How about riding in a stagecoach? The mine train ride is fun, but not thrilling. Timber Mountain Log Ride has one big drop at the end, but is fairly mild otherwise.

If you go during the summer or in December, you will find more shows are offered.

A few of the many the "look-ins" in Ghost Town buildings are among the photos in this album and also in this blog. The Western Trails Museum and a 1870s one-room schoolhouse are also located here.

There's also a full-scale replica of Independence Hall.

IMG_0552.jpg

Unfortunately, Xcelerator has yet to reopen after the accident.

Didn't even know about that.:confused3 I googled it and it happened while we were at WDW so we missed the local news. Bummer! The website doesn't even mention it. Maybe it was a good thing I didn't get the KBF AP when they were offered at $59.99 (now $64.99 for Adults, good thru 12/31/10). Just kidding though-one ride being unavailable wouldn't stop me from going. Just hope DD10 can get a chance to ride it after it's fixed. Though almost 7 months is a long time-maybe it's gone for good?

ADDED-just read your link and maybe back by 4-30? Would work out if we go in May.

Thanks for the info!;)

How about riding in a stagecoach? The mine train ride is fun, but not thrilling. Timber Mountain Log Ride has one big drop at the end, but is fairly mild otherwise.

If you go during the summer or in December, you will find more shows are offered.

A few of the many the "look-ins" in Ghost Town buildings are among the photos in this album and also in this blog. The Western Trails Museum and a 1870s one-room schoolhouse are also located here.

There's also a full-scale replica of Independence Hall.

IMG_0552.jpg

I appreciate your reply to my question and the link to the pictures! I just wasn't sure if I'd want to go at all, but it looks like it might be fun...thanks! :flower3:

We were just there last week and my average size 5yo couldn't ride anything outside of Camp Snoopy area - except the *Sidewinder*, log ride & bumper cars. He was bummed. It was a very FUN day for my 7yo and dh - but although it is a nice park - not worth it without being tall enough. Plus - it's VERY expensive for food & drinks.

Also if you go make sure to hit Mrs Knotts Chicken Dinner Restaurant. But just be aware that one chicken dinner can easily feed 2 or 3 people. The last time we went (been quite awhile since I had been) we eached ordered a dinner (party of 4) and we had a ton of food to take home.

Also if you go make sure to hit Mrs Knotts Chicken Dinner Restaurant. But just be aware that one chicken dinner can easily feed 2 or 3 people. The last time we went (been quite awhile since I had been) we eached ordered a dinner (party of 4) and we had a ton of food to take home.

So they'll let you split dinners??? Sweet!!

And when they give you the choice of dessert, pick the boysenberry pie! It was delicious! The Chicken Dinner Restaurant was the one thing I liked about Knott's lol!

Do they still do Scary Farm in October? As a youngster I used to looooove Scary Farm; the atmosphere, the smell of the fog from the machines, the creatures that jumped out randomly... :scared1:

In my late teens and early 20s I worked at KBF. I made the mistake of jumping out and scaring a woman who, in hasty response, punched me in the nose. I never could figure out the violent response since she PAID to be scared (what was she EXPECTING??). :confused3

Absolutely they still do it! It's one of their major attractions throughout the year. I have never been during Halloween myself but have several friends that never miss it. I've always been one to think "How scary can it be?" but I have heard it is pretty spooky and well worth the visit!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter