Knotts Berry Farm Opening May 21,2021

So exciting to see! I think it's amazing what they've done for passholders. We bought our passes for 2020 and now they're good through May of 2022. Knott's is really going out of the way to make choices that will positively impact consumer loyalty in a time when other parks (ahem...Disneyland...) have cancelled their passes. I for one cannot wait to go back to Knott's. It has become one of my favorite places to go in the past few years.

Anyone able to get their reservations today? It was almost as bad as Disneyland's virtual queue I think...I waited 4 hours. Anyway, if anyone is planning on Knott's, be aware that they are using timed entry reservations, so while there's still availability for all days, early times on weekends in May are slowly but steadily filling up.

It’s very annoying that I cannot see the Knott’s reservation calendar before buying a pass. I’d rather not buy if the dates I’d like to visit over the next couple months are going to be unavailable.

It’s very annoying that I cannot see the Knott’s reservation calendar before buying a pass. I’d rather not buy if the dates I’d like to visit over the next couple months are going to be unavailable.
Agreed. I already had passes or I might have skipped it. I just checked the calendar and the last 2 weekends of May and most weekdays are still open. So you'd probably be okay. But it's hard to want to take a chance without knowing.

Anyone able to get their reservations today? It was almost as bad as Disneyland's virtual queue I think...I waited 4 hours. Anyway, if anyone is planning on Knott's, be aware that they are using timed entry reservations, so while there's still availability for all days, early times on weekends in May are slowly but steadily filling up.
Got ours, waited about 2 hours ... But was at work anyway, so no big deal. Got 11 AM on May 8th.

The system is far easier than Disney's, at least with Knott's you can close the page without loosing your place in line.

There were a few hiccups first thing, but all in all much smoother. There were some people that were able to book multiple reservations, but I suspect they will have the remainder canceled, which will free up some times.

There were a few hiccups first thing, but all in all much smoother.

You must have gotten in before noon then. Congrats! My countdown in the queue was down to 3 minutes and at 12 it suddenly went back up to over an hour. This was after I tried at exactly 10 to be met with a website that wouldn't load. I finally got my tickets, but it wasn't until around 1:30 or 2.

Funny thing though... As usual, if you had the patience to wait there's no line now.

I got the day I wanted, but waited a few hours before really trying. The site was a mess around 9 -11, so I stopped visiting and did some work. Came back later and got a timer page and stayed on that until it was my turn.

Just got passes. I haven’t been to knotts in over a decade, but needed a pass to SOMETHING as an Annual Passholder refugee.

Have Knotts proper booked already, and looking forward to grabbing a soak city reservation when they come online. The annual pass is so cheap compared to Disney that it’ll be a good placeholder.

Any ideas what the mask policy is going to be on the 15th? Really hoping to ditch them for our trip next Saturday.

Any ideas what the mask policy is going to be on the 15th? Really hoping to ditch them for our trip next Saturday.
I'm not sure where Knott's made the official announcement. Their website is really slow to post info. But I saw it reported in another thread and searched to find this:

"Knott’s Berry Farm will require unvaccinated visitors to self-attest their vaccination status and wear masks in all indoor settings. "

https://www.mercurynews.com/2021/06...-will-verify-visitors-have-been-vaccinated-2/

Trip report:

Since the last time I was at knotts before this year was in the 90s I can’t comment on what the crowds were like president Covid, but man was it busy yesterday.

The lines for the main rides were an hour to 2+ hours. The thing that stood out to me, coming from decades of being a Disney AP, was how slow the boarding process was at all the rides. It’s one thing if the lines are unexpectedly long, causing long wait times, but lines routinely took twice the time it looked like they should have. Often times taking several minutes to load guests on a ride.

Still an enjoyable day with a kid who is happy to hang out in camp snoopy all day, but for my brother and sister’s kids who wanted to go on bigger rides, not so much.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter