Knoebels discount tickets or coupons...and other questions

Kycha

<font color=peach>I'm a grouch with a heart <font
We are going to Knoebels sometime this summer. Does anyone know where to get discount tickets or coupons? I know you can just pay as you go, but we are taking two 14 year old boys with us and they will definitely want to ride all the rides(especially the coasters). So, any help would be appreciated.

Also, any advice on good restaurants for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Would you eat in the park? outside the park? What's good? What's not?

You can usually find coupons attached to bread in the supermarkets for $3 off a handstamp (per person), also a few radio stations have "days" where is like 2$ an hour those dates wont be released for awhile yet.

Oh and eat in the park... all day every day you are there. There is nothing icky. Funnel cakes, ice cream, cheese bacon fries its all good there. I can't wait for it to open in April!!!!!!

If you want tickets, AAA sells them. Then again, Knoebels offers a 15% discount if you buy tickets during the week. As of last year they started selling $20 worth of tickets if you didn't need a huge roll.

You could always do the Sundown Plan (coasters included), which is from 5-closing. We do this because it's cheaper and much cooler during that time.

As for eating, another vote for eating at the parks. The ALAMO has excellent food and it's a sit down indoor restaurant. We haven't eaten anything there we didn't like.

We've gone to Knoebels every year for the past 6 years (this will be our 7th...yeah). As you may already be aware, we eat at the park A LOT...did I mention...A LOT?

There's not many places to eat outside the parks. There's a McDonalds and further up the road is a diner (we eat there on the way home) but that's about it.

Nice to see this thread. I just mailed our deposit today for our campsite so now I have Knoebels on the mind. It's my home away from home.

I knew I would see you here, Hi T.Lynn

Hello!!!

Ok, so what are you trying to say? Just write the word Knoebels in a thread heading and I'm there baby...this blonde will bite!

Did you see my new avatar? I found it so fitting...I have a secret crush on Kozmo (shhhhhhhhhh)

Thanks for the replies! I have been doing a little more research online. I found a local rec center that sells discount tickets($4 off the pay one price basic ticket). It says you can upgrade to include the roller coaster option once we get to the park($6.50 addl). Have you guys done this?

We will definitely be going on a weekday, so we can take advantage of the 15% off. I'm still trying to figure out if it is more economical to pay per ride or just get the pay one price deal.

And I'm glad to hear the food in the park is decent. The food at HersheyPark is okay, and at Dorney it is just plain disgusting. So I really didn't know what to expect at Knoebels. I can't believe I have lived in PA most of my life and have never been to Knoebels. I can't wait!!

Thanks for the replies! I have been doing a little more research online. I found a local rec center that sells discount tickets($4 off the pay one price basic ticket). It says you can upgrade to include the roller coaster option once we get to the park($6.50 addl). Have you guys done this?

We will definitely be going on a weekday, so we can take advantage of the 15% off. I'm still trying to figure out if it is more economical to pay per ride or just get the pay one price deal.

And I'm glad to hear the food in the park is decent. The food at HersheyPark is okay, and at Dorney it is just plain disgusting. So I really didn't know what to expect at Knoebels. I can't believe I have lived in PA most of my life and have never been to Knoebels. I can't wait!!

I noticed you live in Lancaster County...howdy neighbor. You will love Knoebels. For DD we buy the wristbands. For us, we normally get tickets. I still have a $20 stack leftover from last year...speaking of, whatever you don't use, keep. You can reuse them year after year.

The weekday discount is if you buy tickets. Keep that in mind.

Oh the food is FARRRRRRRR from decent it is down right YUMMYYYYYYY dont flame me but at disney I said I'd rather be eating the food from knoebles not to mention the price! We live less than 30 min away, in the summer you can find us there at least once a week and ALWAYS on opening day!! I know the food channel had it listed one the top 10 parks to eat at!!!!!!!!!!!! Personally I dont like hershey, its over rated and downright expensive.

as for tix vs handstamps for us with 3 kids its much easier with the pay as you go. BUT we aren't doing rollercoasters we usually stick to kiddie land. We have done the handstamps 2 times I think both times were b1g1 free (opening weekend!!!!!!! god I can't wait)

I noticed you live in Lancaster County...howdy neighbor. You will love Knoebels. For DD we buy the wristbands. For us, we normally get tickets. I still have a $20 stack leftover from last year...speaking of, whatever you don't use, keep. You can reuse them year after year.

The weekday discount is if you buy tickets. Keep that in mind.
Howdy to you too! That is good to know. I think I have convinced myself to just buy the tickets rather than the wristband. Especially if I can use them on another trip. I can get the same discount at AAA($5 book for $4.25) that I can get at the park. I'm gonna keep looking for better deals though.

Oh the food is FARRRRRRRR from decent it is down right YUMMYYYYYYY dont flame me but at disney I said I'd rather be eating the food from knoebles not to mention the price! We live less than 30 min away, in the summer you can find us there at least once a week and ALWAYS on opening day!! I know the food channel had it listed one the top 10 parks to eat at!!!!!!!!!!!! Personally I dont like hershey, its over rated and downright expensive.

I love Hershey! But I know what you mean. For us, that is our hometown park. I have gone every year since I was 6. But, they have a way of wringing every last penny out of you. It still annoys the crap out of me that we have to pay to park. And since they put in the Giant center, trying to get in and out of that complex is a royal pain in the ***. I often tell DH we should just park at my Mom's(she lives right next to the Hershey Med center) and walk to the park. We would probably get in quicker.:rotfl:

DD#1 was born at hershey! and what is parking up to at hershey these days??

We do the wristband as well. We love going to there every summer.

Did anyone mention the free parking. Also there are picnic tables outside the park. We have taken a cooler and left it on the table for a picnic.

I love the waffles and ice cream !!

I live in NJ a couple hours from Knoebels. I have only been there for the Covered Bridge Festival in the fall when the amusement park is closed. I notice there is a campground. Is it suitable for tents? And can someone please tell me the cost of admittance and how the prices work? There is only mention of discounts on this thread and I'd really like to know if this is affordable for us this summer.

I live in NJ a couple hours from Knoebels. I have only been there for the Covered Bridge Festival in the fall when the amusement park is closed. I notice there is a campground. Is it suitable for tents? And can someone please tell me the cost of admittance and how the prices work? There is only mention of discounts on this thread and I'd really like to know if this is affordable for us this summer.

You can visit their website at: www.knoebels.com

The campground is suitable for tents. Some sites even have tent platforms so your not sleeping on the ground. Rates this year are $36. If your thinking of camping, start calling at the end of March. That's when us return campers have to pay our deposits by. It may be hard getting in for the first time. We had to wait 2 weeks before we wanted to go for a cancellation...that's how booked they get. You can also camp at Lake Glory, which is their other campground but I like the Knoebels one so I can hear the rides at my site and walk down anytime I please...

The park has different price plans (prices are adult pricing, see website for child's pricing):

All day wristband ($37.00 coasters or $29.50 non-coasters)

Sundown Plan wristband 5:00-closing ($22.00 coasters or $17.00 non-coasters)

Bargain Night - Wed & Fri 6:00-10:00 ($8.50 no coasters)

* or you can just pay as you go with ride tickets. I do this for DH as he only goes on about 3-5 rides. When DD was too little for coasters, we always did bargain night. So cheap for children and it gave us enough time for her to ride the rides. They get too tired if your there all day. Now we always do the Sundown plan. It's cooler in the evening and plus everything is lit up. We're always at the pool during the day or doing something else.

What's really great is that there is free parking and free admission to the park (you can just walk around to eat or shop). If you want rides, you either purchase a wristband option above or use tickets.

Hi. Thought I'd jump in with a question if that's ok? We are Hersheypark fanatics. We have gone every year for the past 13 years, but are thinking of taking a break. Is Knoebels a good park for a 13 yo, 10 yo and 7 yo? My two older dds love rides but ds is happy just to walk around and get the occasional soft pretzel and soda, lol. Any ideas on hotels? Is one day enough and is there anything else around? TIA

Hi. Thought I'd jump in with a question if that's ok? We are Hersheypark fanatics. We have gone every year for the past 13 years, but are thinking of taking a break. Is Knoebels a good park for a 13 yo, 10 yo and 7 yo? My two older dds love rides but ds is happy just to walk around and get the occasional soft pretzel and soda, lol. Any ideas on hotels? Is one day enough and is there anything else around? TIA

Here is a hotel that's close by: http://www.glosserinn.com/

Keep in mind that Knoebels is kinda in the middle of no-where. When friends of ours came up to stay with us a couple of years ago, they called from their cell phone wondering if they got lost. All they saw were hills & trees...they got a little concerned that they were lost. I think that's why I can convince DH to stay for a whole week...the surroundings.

Also, our friends always go to Hershey Park and once they came to Knoebels...they were "lifers" right along with me. Not hilly like Hershey park and it has just enough rides but you will quickly find your favorites and keep repeating them. Her DD was 13 at the time and now she's 17. She calls me every year to make sure we're camping, see if they can tag along, and get the dates.

You can definately do the park in one whole day but there is also a nice big crystal pool (very cold, fed from spring water). They also have mini-golf which is something we do another night. We also tend to visit Ashland's Coal Mine and this year we want to drive through Centralia.

For DS, I'd either pay per ride or do the Bargain night if you can go on a Wednesday or Friday. Visit the website and check out the park map. For me, one day is not enough. I love some nights just to go hang out for the entertainment and FOOD.

Last year we did Knoebels stayed at the Pine Barn Inn, second time staying there. Huge room good price, decent breakfast at their restraunt too. Then we drove through Centralia, pretty creepy, but neat, on our way to Pottsville, I think, and did they Yuengling Brewery tour, FREE, and the kids loved it. Although on the weekend tours it's not up and running, but still neat and free beer at the end, kids got rootbeer, then we went to Cabella's for lunch and a look see. Pretty neat place, made the ride home fun.

well if your in centraila you can always go to ashland and do the coal mine tour!! Its fun! My kids love the little train ride again its very affordable! http://www.pioneertunnel.com/ I live about 10 min from most of the places you all are talking about and its making me giggle that people would actually come here on vacation! And ya know I've never done the yungeling tour and I live the next town over! 2 of my kids were born in pottsville.

How far is the Yuengling Brewery tour from Knoebels?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter