Kite Making

Caropooh

POO, are you? POO POO, POO POO!
In the April 2005 Family Fun magazine there was a little blurb about making kites on board the ships and then flying them on Castaway Cay. Anyone know about this or has done it? It sounds like fun! My DD's love to fly kites.

We did this on the Magic in January. I think it was the morning before CC. We met in AP around 8 am and were given plain white plastic kites. They had markers on the tables and we decorated the kites. Nothing all that exciting....but the kids liked it. About 20 people were there.

We did this on the western magic in Feb. It was the day before cc as the above poster stated. My neice (4), nephew (3), and son (8) really did have a lot of fun designing their kite. They were white plastic kites and colored markers were placed at different tables. We did not fly our kites at cc but saw some that did. My son has tried his kite out at home and it worked very well. It did not tear yet.

How did you get the kites home? Do they collapse or are the the traditional diamond shape kite? TIA

they have those straw type pole thing that you just stick into. but you can take them apart! we just took them apart, and put it back in the plastic bag that the kite came in, and stuck it into our luggage.

our boys loved decorating them! it was really no big deal, but the kids seems to enjoy it! we had fun. :flower:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter