Kitchen Sink vs Earthquake

Bella the Ball 360

Keyboarding is not my thing excuse typos.<br><font
Which is better? I have had the Earthquake sundae at Ghiridelli but have seen references to The Kitchen Sink sundae at Beaches. Anyone tried both and which is better. My family really liked the Earthquake it had 8 scoops of ice cream and tons of toppings. I am not wasting calories on both.

We had the kitchen sink last year and were disappointed!:(

By the time we got it, it was melted and the peanutbutter was mixing in with the mint and you didn't know what you were going to get when you got a scoop (soup) full..... just our expereince!

Although we haven't had the earthquake it is on our to-do list!

Also we have tried the VOLCANO at Rainforest (not icecream but EXCELLENT!!!)

have fun!

pixiechick

Had Volcano too not all that impressed. I could have sworn that there was ice cream in it.
I really did like the Earthquake. Since there is peanut butter and mint in the Sink i think I will stick with the Earthquake. Besides you can get fat free sugar free ice cream in it lol.

Don't you get some choices with the Earthquake-either choices of ice cream or choices of toppings. I've never tried either, but I seem to remember someone saying the Earthquake was better. For some reason, the Kitchen sink just has the reputation.

I too did not like the Kitchen SInk, it was just one big mess with everything melted together. Now on the other hand, the No Way Jose was just perfect:)

OK, we've had the Kitchen Sink (my husbands eyes were bigger than his stomach):rolleyes: Someone has to tell me what is an Earthquake and what's in it? I can't believe I've never heard of it! I thought I knew all the desserts at WDW! :p

Can you request the Kitchen Sink not to have certain toppings, or is it pretty much standard what you get? I hate the marshmellow stuff... would like to get rid of it among a couple of other things...

Where do you get the Earthquake? Is it a Disney dessert?

:p

Well, I don't know anything about the Earthquake, but I'll tell you about our experience with the Kitchen Sink -- it was fabulous!

I ordered it quietly, and my children had no idea what was coming. The waitress brought it out and carried it around the room announcing that someone had ordered the biggest sundae they make -- my children were straining their necks to see what it was -- their little mouths were watering. Then she brought it to OUR TABLE. Their chins could have hit the table. She gave us four little bowls, and we ate and ate and ate. It did get rather "melty" by the end, but that was okay -- it was still yummy! Afterward, I had to take the girls to the restroom to wash hands and faces. They kept saying, "Thank you so much, Mommy. That was the best dessert we ever had." Now -- six weeks later -- my oldest daughter is still announcing that her favorite ice cream parlor is in Florida.

It was definately a high-point of the trip. I wouldn't do it twice in one trip -- that'd be overkill -- but I would do it again on our next trip.

The kitchen sink turns into a giant mess within minutes it seems, not exactly appetizing. Plus you over eat because there is SO much of it, then you are on a suger high the rest of the day. We much prefer the smaller sundaes and we split them.

Haven't had the Earthquake, but we liked the Kitchen Sink. It does turn into a mess, though. :teeth:

http://www.***********.com/b1cc3b60.jpg

http://www.***********.com/b1e84730.jpg

http://www.***********.com/b1f17100.jpg

http://www.***********.com/b2098100.jpg

The Earthquake is at the Ghiridelli Choclate Store at Disney Villiage. It is just ice ceam and toppings with little choclate cable cars in it. Eight scoops of ice cream and all the toppings, fruit and nuts you want. Topped with whipped cream and marshmallow as well as any and all of the dry toppings (ie sprinkles, chips, etc)

By the way what is the No Way Jose? Is that at Beaches?

Bella - according to the menu on WDWIG

No Way Jose - a peanut butter and hot fudge delight with chocolate and vanilla ice cream, peanut butter and chocolate morsels, whipped cream and a cherry

Ooh, this one looks good too:
Fudge Mud Slide - A gooey chewy brownie, hot fudge, three scoops of vanilla ice cream, oreo cookies, topped with whipped cream and a cherry

I think I'll try that one day for lunch. I've only had the Frozen Sunshine (orange sherbet, vanilla ice cream, and seltzer, blended to perfection and topped with whipped cream and candied orange slice) so far but I'm ready to branch out. :teeth:

I'm hungry now.

My 17 year old daughter and 14 year old son helped me eat the no way Jose on our trip in June. THere was plenty for all three of us. It was really good too.

We had 6 people and managed to eat over half of it. It may have been messy but oh so good!!

June

With DH, DD1, and myself, I'm sure a good amount would go to waste. How much approx does this cost? I love to make an ice cream buffett, though!

The dish Earthquake comes in looks
somewhat like the Kitchen Sink in size not on a pedestal and without the faucet. It is a little more controlled than the sink and I think lasts a little longer. WE ate ours outside and in August so you can guess how quickly it should have melted and did not. I thought the Sink looked a little too sweet for me. I mean I know I would walk away and be sick the rest of the day. That is not to say the 'quake is not huge. It is. It has 8 scoops of ice cream but not all the cake and candy of the Sink. Both are within a couple of dollars of eachother. I think they are around 20.00 give or take a few dollars. They are great fun especially if your kids have a sweet tooth.

Hubby2b and I are attempting the kitchen sink on our honeymoon. Just the 2 of us so we probably won't finish it, or even half *LOL* but it looks so dang good!

We are also planning to go to Ghiradelli.... I'm going to gain so much weight on this trip.:p

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter