• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Kitchen/Galley Tour

tlt

Mouseketeer
I read on one of these posts that only the people that attend the Art of Entertaining show on Thursday are invited to attend the Galley tour that afternoon...is this true?...or is the whole ship invited to the Galley tour. I can imagine the whole ship would be too much to handle. We just want to make sure we don't miss it. Thanks!

That could be true. I don't know, though.

They had tours of the Bridge back before 9/11, and they quietly spread the word that the only way to get a ticket for a bridge tour was to attend the ships' officers Q&A on Thursday morning. So it seems logical that they would limit the distribution of tickets for the galley tour in a similar way.

On the March 16 cruise, they did hand out tickets for galley tours. People attending the Art of Entertaining series that day got tickets first, then anyone else who wanted to go could get in line for tickets. It was even announced in that day's Navigator, I think, although it was supposed to have been a surprise for Art of Entertaining folks. I attended the Art of Entertaining session and got tickets, but didn't use them because I had tea at Palo then, but friends of ours attended and said it was interesting. BTW, one was allowed to take one's children on the tour, apparently.

Man, that seems like a long time ago. We did the Galley tour. It was listed in the Navigator and we just had to show up outside Luminaires. The line stretched back about 100 people long. It was a great tour. We entered the galley at the rear of Luminaires and walked through until we came out in Parrot Cay. Do this tour if you get a chance. We were so amazed at how absolutly spotless the galley was. Notice the knifes locked up in individual plexiglass boxes.
Great tour well worth any wait you may have to endure.

We went in May of last year as well (ruvidu I think we might have been on the same cruise) and it was great to be able to take the tour. They took in groups of about 15-20 at a time and walked you through with some displays set up (like a beautifully carved watermelon). If they were only doing it through tickets now I would attend to get a ticket - it was a great tour.

We went in December 2001. The "Art of Entertaining" guests got the first times available and then you could pick up tickets in the Navigator-designated location for the other times available if there were some still available. The tour was very interesting.

My biggest complaint about the trip was that on the Thursday at sea they had our character breakfast, the "Art of Entertaining" dessert segment and the "Q&A with the Captain" scheduled at the same time. It was a hard choice to make. We went to the Character breakfast and then I rushed to the "Art of Entertaining" during the last minutes to get the tickets. I complained about this to one of the "hosts" and encountered the only arrogant nasty sob Disney employee on the whole ship :( . Some (don't get me wrong I love the British) Brit who played Captain Hook on the "Walk the Plank" game-show in Disney Sea and thought he was Captain Hook (I guess) and the Cat's Meoow (sp?). Give a little power to some people ..... :confused:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter