Kingdom Hearts

Killer Fish

Mr. Hospitality
I do not know if anyone here plays videogames but if you have a Playstation 2 I recommend picking up Kingdom Hearts. It is an amazing game that features over 100 Disney characters. You travel from different Disney Worlds. It really is like playing a Disney movie. Anyway I just thought I would give everybody a heads up.

a review I read said it is like an hour of playing before you find the first character, and then they just wander around with you, and you don't really get to control them. They did end up with a favorable review, but not the "must have" type of review.

I heard about it a while ago when it was first annouced. Have you actually played it? I will probably go get it anyways, just like I got the Bond game for N64 even thought it was not great, but because it was Bond. I will get this becuase it is Disney, regardless of how good or not the game is.

Mike

As a fan of Final Fantasy and a huge fan of Disney, I snapped up this game the day it came out. I have to say, I was a little worried about the concept - merging japanese anime style characters with the disney crew, but my fears were soon blown out the door.

This game is fantastic and the story makes sense and the graphics are wonderful. It doesn't take an hour to get to the first Disney characters, but it does take some time, but once you do, the rest of the game is ALL about Disney. So far I've gotten to explore Alice in Wonderland's world, Tarzan's world and Hurcules. I've complete the Alice in Wonderland area and it was mind blowing...Every one is there, the Madhatter, the Queen, the cards and of course alice. Even the doorknob and Chesire Cat.

If you're into rpg and action games, then I highly recommend this one.

JMHO,

John.

My daughter is a Final Fantasy and Disney fan and can't get enough of this game...fun to see the Disney charaters in action!

Jeff

deusEx,

we must have gotten to about the same part of the game. i agree completely! this game is a blast. and -- unlike other Final Fantasy games, which i enjoy -- it actually makes sense.

that said, i don't think a disney fan would like this game if he or she doesn't like this KIND of game. it's very complicated and devours time.

My 11 year old loves this game (he also loves FF and the Zelda games). The characters from both FF and Disney work well together and I think Disney was very smart coming out with this game. Characters and Disney movies my son has thought were too childish for him, are now cool. He is getting out all his Disney movies and rewatching them. For Disney to successfully compete with Nick and Universal, it is my son's demographic that they need to capture.

I bought the game a week ago (the day it came out) & I've been hooked ever since. I've got about 50 hours racked up playing it. I've unlocked most of the worlds (I'll not mention them in case some of you think it might spoil it) & right now I'm on Hollow Bastion.

Most of the characters voices match up & in a lot of circumstances, they got the actual actors to do the voices. James Woods & Danny DeVito are the ones that really stand out. The lead character is voiced by Haley Joel Osment (the kid in 6th Sense & AI) & his friend is played by the blonde kid from 7th Heaven. The animation is smooth & the worlds are pretty cool looking. I highly recommend it!

50 hours wow that is impressive in a week. I have like 27 hours but I am not very leveled up. I am also in Hollow Bastion. It is definitely the most fun game i have ever played.

Just got our copy and I look forward to an alternative Disney adventure. We should start a KH tips thread.

I highly doubt it will make it's way to the pc. It seems like most of the high profile games coming out aren't going to be for the pc.

A word of caution - make sure you open all of the hours in Neverland before fighting the enemy after Malificent. I missed one of the hours & had to do some serious backtracking. :(

fun game if you haven't bought it you should it's fun lots of charachters, fun game

:Pinkbounc :bounce: :D

IMHO - this is the BEST video game I have ever played...it has a little of everything.

I was not familiar with the Final Fantasy characters until now - I only got the game for the Disney characters and altough you don't find your first Disney character until about 1 hour of playing - who cares? The game is SO great anyhow - that you hardly notice! Then once you see Disney characters - their participation is non-stop...

IMHO - you MUST get the guide book for this game - I can NOT imagine playing without it...how else do they expect you to bring home all 99 dalmations?!?

BTW - anyone else notice how Sora is dressed just like Mickey Mouse? Hummm... a *suddle* hint by the creators I'm sure...

A review of the game

HERE

"Programs: 'Kingdom Hearts' Is a Contrived Treat" is the headline of the review

Mike

It either sounds like this guy is not at all familiar with RPGs or he didn't like the idea of making a Disney RPG. It sounds like he ended up liking it even though he probably couldn't wait to rip the game to shreads before he played it. It's a very good thing this wasn't the guy in charge of green-lighting this project.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter