King Ludwig's Castle

I would go here mainly for the desserts on offer..... I keep looking on the food guide and drooling....

DF would probably like it here because of the amount of red meat on offer!!

Bob xoxoxo

I went here in 2006 and we didnt like it, we had the set menu and both had steaks which were so tough we couldnt cut into them!!! Worst steak I have ever had. There was buy 1 get 1 free on the beer that helped to make up for it!!

Really liked the theming, and it looks like reviews are quite good now (maybe we just went on a bad day!). Won't be going this year as we have the half board vouchers and you cant use them here.

It's been quite some time since I last visited Disneyland Paris (the last time was in 2004), but I definitely remember eating at this restaurant because it was by far one of the worst restaurants I've ever eaten in! I've been stationed in Germany since 1998, and I love the food. My wife (a German national from Wuerzburg, also in Bavaria) and I last went to Euro Disney for her birthday in 2004. Of the three places we ate at on Disney property, this one was the worst. I got a steak (at least half of which was fat) with some cold potatoes, and my wife got a Wiener Schnitzel that was so closely related to cardboard we almost took it with us to fold up and ship souveniers home in! The service was okay until we brought the poor quality of our food to the server's attention, at which point it felt like we were black listed. The high prices were to be expected since we were in a Disney restaurant, so there was no shock there. I must admit, however, it wasn't all bad. I got a Creme Brulee for dessert that was outstanding. Other than that, I found myself wishing we never walked in the door!

This was my favourite meal of the whole trip! I have wanted to eat here for years due to the "Oktoberfest" spit roasted chicked I have seen on the menu and for one reason or another we never ended up eating here as others in the party did not fancy the menu. However, this year I got my wish! :banana:

And not only that, my chicken dish was on the set menu! Happy Days! I cant remember the exact menu though, so apologies for that!

SL371453_1229x922-1.jpg

SL371454_1229x922-1.jpg

As it was our last meal before we got the train home we pushed the boat out and ordered sides of onion rings and garlic bread (which at 7 Euros each and a bad exhange rate wasn't cheap!).They were however, delicious.

SL371452_1229x922-1.jpg

My mum had the mozzarella and tomato starter which she enjoyed.

SL371451_1229x922-1.jpg

My uncle took the Caesar salad as a starter which he was also impressed with.

SL371455_1229x922-1.jpg

For the main course, my sister and mum went for the pasta which came with a lovely creamy and cheesy sauce.

SL371456_1229x922.jpg

My uncle, dad and i went for the long awaited spit roast chicken whcih was delicious and my favourite meal of the trip! The chicken was nice and juicy and the skin was lovely and crispy and the chips were lovely too. I couldnt fault it at all :)

SL371458_1229x922.jpg

SL371459_1229x922.jpg

For dessert my sister went for the crepes and I had the vanilla sundae. Lookin at my sisters crepes, i wish I had had them!

Also, the theming in this restaurant is lovely and is decorated in the style of an old medieval banqueting hall. We loved it! This restaurant doesnt seem to receive as much attention in terms of reviews , I dont know why? I will definitely eat here when I come again and probably have the chicken again although there was a lot of lovely authentic looking german/bavarian dishes too which I would like to try also!

I went to DLP a couple of weeks ago and ended up having dinner at King Ludwig's Castle after closing down Disneyland and being shut out of the Steakhouse. It was wonderful! We ordered off the set menu. I had the caesar salad and the schweinhochsen (sp? - it had a French name on the menu, but we knew it as schweinhochsen when we ate it in Germany). I loved the schweinhochsen, but the sauerkraut wasn't my preferred preparation (still good, though). My friend had the steak and said it was really good. I have pictures, but don't know if I can upload them (or even how to upload, if I'm able). We were too full for dessert, but I always check the dessert menu first and there wasn't anything on the set menu that interested me more than the treats I'd bought in the Park.

I forgot to mention that the service was less than stellar, but about what I expected in France.

Here is my salad:

IMGP9115.jpg

Here's my entree:

IMGP9116.jpg

Check out this close-up of the cracklin' (the best part!):

IMGP9119.jpg

This is the Castle Steak, which was my friend's entree:

IMGP9117.jpg

Just come back 2 weeks ago and I must say this restaurant is terrible. The children's portions were tiny and very cheap looking( think value beef burgers and buns). The adult meals were cold and the restaurant only had 2 other tables to serve. We were not impressed and complained to the manager, we ended up leaving and going somewhere else.

We ate King Ludwig's Castle on our previous visit to DLRP. The atmosphere inside King Ludwig's Castle was nice enough. But our meals were very sub-par. The price only added insult to injury. We won't be going back this time.

I'm not one to give bad reviews based on having extremely high expectations. We've only had two meals that I would label as "bad" in all of our years at Disney. One was the dinner buffet at 1900 Park Fare at the Grand Floridian and the other was King Ludwig's Castle at DLRP.

We had dinner in Kind Ludwigs on Tuesday October 8th around 6.30pm and I must say it was a fantastic meal! I ordered the House Pizza which had a thin crust covered in chicken, red onion, pineapple, a BBQ sauce and loads of rocket on the top and was beautiful! Jemma had a hotdog and fries and James had chicken nuggets and fries and they both ate every bite (unusual for the little man!) We all had dessert - the kids had a haribo ice pop and pancakes respectively and again ate it all up and I had the meringue with fruit salad and cream which was an ideal, lighter dessert to follow the pizza. Both kids had fizzy drinks which were included in their meals and I had a coke. It came to €48 including a tip and I think the bill had been about €45. Great quality food and a reasonable price. Would return no problems.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter