King Arthur Carrousel can Adults ride?

kirstyfly

Mouseketeer
Hi all

Just wondering if Adults can ride this ride? I rode this on my first and only visit to Disneyland back in 2012 with a couple of friends a few times.

However we have just been to Australia and been to a couple of different theme park who have similar type rides to King Arthur carrousel and the staff/cast members stated no adults to sit on the horses (Adults were welcome to stand with their child who was sitting on the horse).

I was really looking forward to riding King Arthur's carrousel with my little girl in October. Can anyone please tell me what the rules are for this? were we lucky the first time we visited that no one told us we couldn't ride or were we not meant to be riding?

On the Disneyland site it says
Sit astride a regal steed at this classic attraction and gently “gallop” through a whirling backdrop of color and sound.

Adults can certainly ride! All. the. time! :)

PSA: For all adults riding the carousel, please set a good example for the children on board and put safety first! On our last ride a few days ago, there were adults (in age, anyway) who were getting on and off the horses to switch while the carousel was In Motion! The CM made several warning announcements which were ignored, then stopped the ride. What a disappointment to many children and what a terrible example to all the kids who could see what was going on. Please follow the safety rules for the sake of everyone on the ride!

PSA: For all adults riding the carousel, please set a good example for the children on board and put safety first! On our last ride a few days ago, there were adults (in age, anyway) who were getting on and off the horses to switch while the carousel was In Motion! The CM made several warning announcements which were ignored, then stopped the ride. What a disappointment to many children and what a terrible example to all the kids who could see what was going on. Please follow the safety rules for the sake of everyone on the ride!
Saw the same thing on Jessie's Critter Carousel a few weeks ago!

I've never heard of a carousel where adults weren't allowed. Certainly none of the carousels at Disneyland are restricted to children.

I have had some problems at some carousels with belts. They were sized for children and when I could barely get it on I've been told not to worry about it.

Now I've been with my kid on several where I was free to ride as long as I was standing. Or one where I was charged for a standing spot but my child was free below a certain age.

I remember once my child was panicking on one riding alone and the ride operator told me I could just jump on the moving carousel to calm down my kid. I fortunately made it, but it was rather scary and I'm not sure their insurance company would have appreciated it.

The carousel is one of my favorites. I am bummed it will be under refurbishment for my next trip but if you get a chance at night is the best!

I've never heard of a carousel where adults weren't allowed. Certainly none of the carousels at Disneyland are restricted to children.

I have had some problems at some carousels with belts. They were sized for children and when I could barely get it on I've been told not to worry about it.

Now I've been with my kid on several where I was free to ride as long as I was standing. Or one where I was charged for a standing spot but my child was free below a certain age.
I've never bothered to put a belt on when riding a carousel as an adult.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter