Kind of a BIG Request!!!! Please!!!

Dumbo76

"This way hurts my webs"
My husband is on the fence about going on the Feb 21st 09 ( Like in 9 days) 7-day Western, and he won't let me book an impromptu trip without knowing what excursions are left, but DCL can't tell me unless I have a ressie paid in full, so I am in quite a pickle. Is it possible that any DISer's out there that are going on this cruise could let me know about a few of the excursions? It would be such a great help to us. I couldn't find any threads about the 2/21/09 cruise. I always like to plan way in advance, so this is new for me.

And just in case anyone out there can help, we were really just interested in the Grand Cayman turtle farm excursion (I think it's called Botswain Marine Park?), and in Cozumel, we were looking into the Mexican cooking class excursion.

Thanks so much!!!:banana:

Even if they are full now, they usually have spaces on hold for those folks who don't use the internet, so I wouldn't worry that you won't get what you want. I usually book on board, and have always got what I wanted.

We are going on the February 21 Western cruise so I just logged in and looked up what excursions are still available. Right now, both the Mexican cuisine and the Boatswain's Adventure Marine Park are available. Somehow I don't think this is going to be a very full cruise - fine with us though! :) Hope that helps.

Edit - I looked again, and actually the only excursion that is no longer available is the "Explore Key West by Electric Car"
EVERYTHING else is showing availability for me.

why don't you ask on the meet thread of your cruise

You can grab at cab at the pier in Grand Cayman and go to the turtle farm. Not hard at all and not very expensive either.

Thanks so very much for all of the replies and for looking at the excursions for me. I thought it was funny that the only one that was all booked up was Key West by electric car. We wanted to make sure we could do all the things we wanted before booking and not being able to be refunded, otherwise we were going to go in October instead. But now we have a decision to make. Thanks again!

BTW- I could not find the cruise meet board for that particular cruise, thanks for the link.:banana:

I also wanted to ask if anyone had any experience with the GTY booking because that is all that is left. Why is it they do not have specific rooms for you to choose? Are they overbooked? Underbooked? Expecting cancellations? I guess I don't really understand, but interested in more info or even guesses.

BTW- I could not find the cruise meet board for that particular cruise, thanks for the link.:banana:

You're welcome. Hope you get the chance to get signed on for this cruise and have a GREAT time!

GTY is usually all that is left after DCL has met certain pre-determined threshold for occupancy in a category. It doesn't mean the ship is full necessarily. It is to allow them maximum flexibility in placing passengers. For example, if you book a GTY 12, you might be put in Cat 12 and you must be happy with that concept BUT you might get upgraded to Cat 11, 10, 9, etc... Only your amount of personal pixie dust (and DCL's needs) determine your eventual placement.
The other potential downside to GTY is if you are picky about your location on the ship (fore, aft, midship, port, starboard, non HA cabin, etc.) you might end up in a room cat you like but a location you don't.

Hopefully this was not more than you wanted. Best wishes.

. I thought it was funny that the only one that was all booked up was Key West by electric car

You can rent your own electric car - you SURE don't need an excursion to do it - I got the name of a company off Shirley's thread - popped off an email, and the deal was done. we had a BLAST!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter