• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Kids that have been on a cruise

cruiseman

Hey! Hey! Hey!
Has there been any kid like me ( I am 11 ) that has gone on the cruise before??
If there has what was your favorite thing to do? let me know!

:grouphug:

I think the real question is.........WHAT ARE YOU DOING AWAKE AT 12:45AM!!!!!!!!!

:jester:

Thomas

Well, I am certainly not 11, but my 13 year old was the last time we cruised. He enjoyed hanging out with the new friends he made. Playing in the arcade. Going to the clubs. Watching the kid friendly comedy shows. Having non alcoholic Bon Voyage drinks. Hanging out in the stateroom. Having ice cream whenever he wanted. Having a sit down meal and then leaving to go to the kids club. When he gets home from camp I'll ask him, but I'm pretty sure I got alot of it :)

You will have a great time on vacation. Remember...it's better than being at home. At least this old lady think so ;)

Deb

i am the grandma and my grandson at the time 10 loved it , we are going again in oct now hes 11.. he loved the club the ship the food the pools he said he is never going to stop going with us when we go

DD favorite things, Karaoke in Kids Club, making Flubber in Kids Club, Eating Strawberries dipped chocolate and Calling Room Service every night for cookie and milk ( and I'd get my Mickey Bar!)

:mickeybar

My 11 year old, loved hanging with his ship friends on the sports deck. Eating ice cream, burgers and pizza whenever he wanted. Eating lunch with his group of friends. Going into the lab for a special program and then leaving, going to the kids club after dinner and getting back to the room at midnight. going to the movies... he loved the freedom!!!

cruiseman said:
Has there been any kid like me ( I am 11 ) that has gone on the cruise before??
If there has what was your favorite thing to do? let me know!

:grouphug:

DS's favorite thing is the slide and the arcade. He also loves to go to the movies.

DD's favorite is all of the above and add to swimming at the Goofy pool. She loves the ice cream and the food.

They both love the chocolate smoothies. And the cookies. MMMMM...they love the excursion where you get to snorkel, get a float and ride the bikes at CC.

Oh and spend money $$$$$$$$$$$$$

As a family we have been on 2 DC's.

huckster said:
i am the grandma and my grandson at the time 10 loved it , we are going again in oct now hes 11.. he loved the club the ship the food the pools he said he is never going to stop going with us when we go

what cruise are you doing in October? We are going in October and have an 11 year old as well.

By the sounds of all of these posts, my 11 year old DS, will think he's living in heaven with all that food around. I don't even think I'm going to bother to try and monitor his diet. LOL!

Here is some info from my DS -Jake who is 11.

I loved everything about the cruise. I don't know if you like videogames, but the Oceaneer's Lab was full of them. Also on certain days at 9:00 and 9:30AM you get to visit the teen room in the stack. I loved the freedom and ping-pong and shuffleboard on deck four. ::MickeyMo

drizzt117...I bet cruiseman is on the West Coast or maybe even in Hawaii where it's not so late.

i am quoting my 11 year old DS sitting next to me...

"i liked going the the movies and saw the Incredibles...i liked getting all the free food whenever i wanted inc nachos and free drinks...kids club was a blast especially the last night and got to stay there late....the arcade was okay but the best part was winning a cd from one of the games...i really liked doing karyoke and singing songs in front of people and making ice cream...i liked going to the teen club and did limbo, basketball, and other games....you will have a blast! I would go to the kids clubs as much as possible!" :jumping1: :jumping1:

:bounce: :bounce: I have a DD that will be 11 in November.. She is not crazy about me telling her how much fun she will have in the clubs on the Wonder. We are going on the Wonder from 10-27 to 10-30. I am excited.. she thinks the clubs are like going to a daycare. I have told her they are nothing like that.. Now she says she might try it.. Not even a teenager yet and already moody.. lol.
Please send responses so I can show her what a great time she will have. :chat:

Bee...you will have to decide how much freedom you will give her on the cruise, which may affect how she feels about the oceaneer lab. our son just turned 11 before our last cruise and we allowed him to sign himself in and out of the club with the understanding (with him) that he could not sign out without checking with us first and letting us know where he would be...our son is very responsible and not the type to run around and get into trouble. He felt like he had control over his vacation. to be honest, we were exhausted by 9pm and had younger kids that we wanted to get to bed but that is the time parties were just getting started in the lab...we let our son stay until the lab closed (around MN to 1am) and he came back to the cabin on his own....plus it was nice because when they did some things with water, such as the swim party, he could come back to the cabin and change and not stay wet all night. We had discussed with him in advance that he was never to go anywhere with a stranger and he was not allowed to go to anyones cabin, no matter what the reason...he liked the lab because he could do so many different things....

Bee said:
:bounce: :bounce: I have a DD that will be 11 in November.. She is not crazy about me telling her how much fun she will have in the clubs on the Wonder. We are going on the Wonder from 10-27 to 10-30. I am excited.. she thinks the clubs are like going to a daycare. I have told her they are nothing like that.. Now she says she might try it.. Not even a teenager yet and already moody.. lol.
Please send responses so I can show her what a great time she will have. :chat:

Hi- we are also doing the 10/27 Wonder :jumping1:
come join us in this thread!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=860945

We are also starting our vacation at WDW on 10-22-05. We are staying at CBR. So we have 5days in the park and a 3day cruise. Yippee!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter