kids menus in main dining?

ibcrazie4dizney

Mouseketeer
I just read menus for main dining rooms on Disney's site. they didn't show any kids menus. do they have them or do the kids really enjoy the regular menu? I can't see my 7yo granddaughter eating most of the choices. If I understand right, we can just do casual dining and give up the main dining, but wouldn't want to do that every night.

There is a kids menus, Mac and cheese, is a norm. There are burgers and other things, it often comes out faster than other food with the dine and play (or dash as my mom says). But keep in mind there is a plane chicken and other things, it's on the lighter fare. I really enjoyed the regular menus, but then again I was a 7 y/o boy.

Just to clarify, the Magic and Wonder DO have kids menus as well, they are just not listed on the site posted above.

just read them, thanks, think I might be happier with something off them too! we will be on the dream. I'm surprised I didn't see them on Disney's site, maybe I just missed them.

we can just do casual dining and give up the main dining, but wouldn't want to do that every night.

Please do not skip main dining for casual on a Disney Cruise. Disney does dinner right and dinner is a great experience for kids. What I have always done with my son is have him look at both menus, the kids menu and the adults menu. From the age of 8 to his current age of 16 he orders off of both menus. When he was little he ordered most things off the kids menu and picked things he thought he might like off the adult menu. In the last two years he orders the Mac and Cheese from the kids menu as an appetizer then orders the bulk of his meal from the adults menu. Then he usually excuses his-self and goes to the kids area and lets me enjoy desert. From our experience this is typical behavior for many of the kids.

that sounds like a good idea. I really didn't want to skip any main dining, it all looks so nice and I want to check it all out atleast once. from what I was reading, i was afraid she wouldn't get to eat. we have the late seating, so as i read it, casual dining would be closed when we were done. so, if she didn't eat, we couldn't even grab her a quick bite. have to say, all this planning is so overwhelming! but it is all so worth it i am sure. cant wait to go.

Be sure she looks at the adult menu as well. My girls are 6 and 7 and really looking forward to trying some new foods that we wouldn't ever order for them if we had to pay for them in a restaurant on land!

that sounds like a good idea. I really didn't want to skip any main dining, it all looks so nice and I want to check it all out atleast once. from what I was reading, i was afraid she wouldn't get to eat. we have the late seating, so as i read it, casual dining would be closed when we were done. so, if she didn't eat, we couldn't even grab her a quick bite. have to say, all this planning is so overwhelming! but it is all so worth it i am sure. cant wait to go.

If she doesn't eat, there will still be pizza up on the pool deck. It's really good pizza, too. DH and I look forward to it every night as our snack. :D

Not only will there be pizza which is delicious open late like pp said but there is also room service 24hrs a day withe exception of the last night/morning.

We are vegetarian with some ingredient issues, and DS found food to make him happy every night. He tried mushroom "pursiettes" which are basically tortellini, he ate mac&cheese, he had veggies, he had a breaded and fried zucchini type veggie, he ate fruit salad...he had ALL sorts of things at the dinners. He even tried the Indian food that my server managed to get made for me (the normal veggie options were fine, but we figured out that Indian food would make me incredibly happy). Last night he had fries, mac&cheese, broccoli, and....creme brulee. :)

You will be fine. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter