Kids Fly Free - Frontier Airlines

With ANY airline credit card, you need to look at how much you will typically charge annually as well as how often you might fly using that airline. Points expire after a certain amount of time (varies by airline), so the benefit is worthless if your points expire before accumulating enough to use them. Also the same reason having many airline credit cards probably won't work out. You will end up with points for each card/airline, but not enough on any of them to be able to redeem.

With ANY airline credit card, you need to look at how much you will typically charge annually as well as how often you might fly using that airline. Points expire after a certain amount of time (varies by airline), so the benefit is worthless if your points expire before accumulating enough to use them. Also the same reason having many airline credit cards probably won't work out. You will end up with points for each card/airline, but not enough on any of them to be able to redeem.

Right, I'm definitely familiar with the workings, we always utilize a card for the airline we intend to fly (and then we don't really use it afterward and cancel if there is a fee....we utilize cards for the perks). But right now, in preparation for our next trip, I'm trying to decide which airline and rewards program we want to go with (as there are some new perks out there), which is why I asked. :)

Do you know if when you select the Kids Fly Free rate if it is reflected in the total price on the flight select page or do you have to purchase the membership first and proceed to checkout?

The reason I ask is I can get a $54 rate each way to Mco for 4 people and the total rate reflects 4 people not 2. Kids are 5 and 3.
You have to purchase the membership to see the discount.

Oh no! What happened?

It was from start to finish the worst flights we have ever taken ever... "Late... Late... for a very important date" was the theme for our trip to and from Vegas... the plane its self was disgusting, filthy, and the bathroom was rancid...it smelled like vomit, and grossness........ In all honesty I don't think that the plane had ever been cleaned... the tray table is about a quarter of what a normal tray table is, and it was grimy as all get out... I carry wipes with me... DH said don't bother its not gonna help... and on and on I could go...

The flight attendants looked completely exhausted, one looked like she was asleep on her feet, which makes you wonder how effective and clear headed she would have been if a emergency was to have happened...

We travel a lot, and so we had bought water and soda air-side so we were prepared.... the man sitting next to me asked for water to take a pill, and the flight attendant acted like he was asking for a steak with all the trimmings...

The seat were as about as good as the old school lawn chairs with the webbing straps woven around them, we were more than shoulder to shoulder... knee to knee, absolutely no leg room ...

After paying for our seat so we could sit together, and a carry on bag.... we should have just flew with Delta, or someone else it would have been only a few bucks more... we were with a group of friends... who did not pay for sitting together or carry on's a there was a issues at the gate about their bags.... which was a nightmare for them and for us to have to listen to them complain the whole time..

NEVER AGAIN!!!!!

The days offered for the promotion are few and far between. I appreciate that they offer it but it doesn't work for any upcoming trips for our family.

It was from start to finish the worst flights we have ever taken ever... "Late... Late... for a very important date" was the theme for our trip to and from Vegas... the plane its self was disgusting, filthy, and the bathroom was rancid...it smelled like vomit, and grossness........ In all honesty I don't think that the plane had ever been cleaned... the tray table is about a quarter of what a normal tray table is, and it was grimy as all get out... I carry wipes with me... DH said don't bother its not gonna help... and on and on I could go...

The flight attendants looked completely exhausted, one looked like she was asleep on her feet, which makes you wonder how effective and clear headed she would have been if a emergency was to have happened...

We travel a lot, and so we had bought water and soda air-side so we were prepared.... the man sitting next to me asked for water to take a pill, and the flight attendant acted like he was asking for a steak with all the trimmings...

The seat were as about as good as the old school lawn chairs with the webbing straps woven around them, we were more than shoulder to shoulder... knee to knee, absolutely no leg room ...

After paying for our seat so we could sit together, and a carry on bag.... we should have just flew with Delta, or someone else it would have been only a few bucks more... we were with a group of friends... who did not pay for sitting together or carry on's a there was a issues at the gate about their bags.... which was a nightmare for them and for us to have to listen to them complain the whole time..

NEVER AGAIN!!!!!

Oh no! That does sound awful!

I tried to check and confirm that if I book 3 kids and one adult, that only one kid will be free. But I selected a flight that says "Kids Fly Free," got to the very end where it asks for my credit card and to confirm purchase, and it doesn't show anyone free. And we do have the Den Club. I don't actually need flights right now, but when they eventually extend I will be booking. Hopefully they extend the Kids Fly Free.
Thank you for trying this. Without the membership currently it makes it hard to play with it.
I wonder how this works. I sure hope it isn't some advertising scam.

@LovesTimone Sorry that happened to you. We know going in the flight schedule for Frontier is **** and also the seats are terrrible. We've flown with Frontier 4x so far and haven't come across a super dirty plane or bad staff. I expect for the discount we're getting it's going to be super cheap and they nickle and dime you the entire way. That being said we've flown for 1/2 the cost of Southwest or Delta for the same route. Comes down to how many more days of vacation does that equal.

@LovesTimone Sorry that happened to you. We know going in the flight schedule for Frontier is **** and also the seats are terrrible. We've flown with Frontier 4x so far and haven't come across a super dirty plane or bad staff. I expect for the discount we're getting it's going to be super cheap and they nickle and dime you the entire way. That being said we've flown for 1/2 the cost of Southwest or Delta for the same route. Comes down to how many more days of vacation does that equal.

I can see your point of view easily... I can put up with shoulder to shoulder for less than 2 hour flight, horrible seats, I can even get past rude flight attendants... what I just can't get past is the filthy plane, and the lateness of the flights... on not one leg of our flight, but all four legs, and they would not give us any explanation, or even we are sorry for the delay...I'm not talking about a 15 minute delay, I talking hours... Just nothing... and they way the nickel and dime you to death... For us when I add up all the extras charges, as well as meals that we had to buy in the airport which are not cheap by any means, because of all the late departures and arrivals times and waiting around for another plane... it would have been better to pay a few dollars more... for less stress and a better experience... which at this point in my life is what I am all about...

I can see your point of view easily... I can put up with shoulder to shoulder for less than 2 hour flight, horrible seats, I can even get past rude flight attendants... what I just can't get past is the filthy plane, and the lateness of the flights... on not one leg of our flight, but all four legs, and they would not give us any explanation, or even we are sorry for the delay...I'm not talking about a 15 minute delay, I talking hours... Just nothing... and they way the nickel and dime you to death... For us when I add up all the extras charges, as well as meals that we had to buy in the airport which are not cheap by any means, because of all the late departures and arrivals times and waiting around for another plane... it would have been better to pay a few dollars more... for less stress and a better experience... which at this point in my life is what I am all about...
I get that. We're only flying 3 hrs max. If the plane was filthy then I would definitely be flying with another carrier bc that's not acceptable.

We have two trips booked with Frontier this year. Fingers crossed that they go smoothly.

One trip is over Easter weekend, and RT for all 5 of us was $464 (buying tickets at the airport).

One summer trip for all five of us came to $343. Round trip. I could have taken another adult for the same price, but nobody could decide that quickly. Oh well!

We are using only personal items, and I didn’t pay for seat assignments as I read it is now Federal law for kids 12 and under to be seated next to a parent. My kids are still all under that age.

If these flights go well, I foresee many more trips in our future!

I’m flying out of a small local airport (an hour from home) and there is free parking.

We have two trips booked with Frontier this year. Fingers crossed that they go smoothly.

One trip is over Easter weekend, and RT for all 5 of us was $464 (buying tickets at the airport).

One summer trip for all five of us came to $343. Round trip. I could have taken another adult for the same price, but nobody could decide that quickly. Oh well!

We are using only personal items, and I didn’t pay for seat assignments as I read it is now Federal law for kids 12 and under to be seated next to a parent. My kids are still all under that age.

If these flights go well, I foresee many more trips in our future!

I’m flying out of a small local airport (an hour from home) and there is free parking.
So did the "kids fly free" work for you? Someone else with the Discount Den membership mentioned going thru the process up to the end and the kid's airfare never dropped off. I don't have a current membership to play with it.

Also, take a close look at the federal law about kids under 12 must be seated with parent. When it first came up I remember taking a close look at it and there seemed to be lots of exceptions. I remember thing it didn't apply for my situation, but I can't remember why exactly.
I still don't buy seats and just always make sure to do online check-in as soon as possible. And we have always gotten 5 seats together (knock on wood). But we also would be ok if we were split up.

So did the "kids fly free" work for you? Someone else with the Discount Den membership mentioned going thru the process up to the end and the kid's airfare never dropped off. I don't have a current membership to play with it.

Also, take a close look at the federal law about kids under 12 must be seated with parent. When it first came up I remember taking a close look at it and there seemed to be lots of exceptions. I remember thing it didn't apply for my situation, but I can't remember why exactly.
I still don't buy seats and just always make sure to do online check-in as soon as possible. And we have always gotten 5 seats together (knock on wood). But we also would be ok if we were split up.

Thanks, yes the Kids Fly Free worked for us on both flights. I have 3 kids and only 2 adults, so I had to pay for my 3rd child.

I'll use the tip about online check-in. Thanks!

Thanks for this info. We are needing to fly into MCO in October. For a family of 4 airfare is crazy expensive.

Nope never flying with Frontier again...Once was enough...

I don't care if the flight was for free and they paid me to fly with them...

It was a nightmare... honestly a nightmare...
How long ago was this? Many years ago flew from Las Vegas to home on Frontier and I also swore "never again". However Have now flown out of a larger airport with Frontier (Stl to MCO) many many times past 2 years and not a single issue (knock wood). The fleet of planes on that route were updated and it shows-I swear the plane we took October 2017 had just been put into business (like the plastic had just been taken off seats etc). Seats still not the most comfortable but it got us to disney for ~$80 RT PP. I packed a "personal bag" as large as I could get away with, flight ~ 2 hours. Now ironically our trip to Vegas last month was plagued with delay after delay both coming and going on United!!!
Thank you for trying this. Without the membership currently it makes it hard to play with it.
I wonder how this works. I sure hope it isn't some advertising scam.
Nope I also got to check out and the youngest kid dropped off as far as fees go. Wish I had my work schedule nailed down as currently the Fly free works for us in May and tickets down to MCO are $36/PP!!

@wed100105

Can I ask your plan if no seats together? Hopefully there are but most planes fly at capacity. Are you able to prepare your kids if you are separated? Frontier can ask people to move but if they’ve paid for seats they probably won’t (and not fair to expect them too).

@wed100105

Can I ask your plan if no seats together? Hopefully there are but most planes fly at capacity. Are you able to prepare your kids if you are separated? Frontier can ask people to move but if they’ve paid for seats they probably won’t (and not fair to expect them too).

Yep, I'm going to be okay with the kids sitting separately. They've flown before, and it's only a 2.5 hour flight. My husband and I are both traveling, so odds are that I will be able to get at least one of us near our youngest. Obviously I want us to sit with our kids, but I'm not willing to pay an additional $50 in seat assignments for it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter