Kids eat free @ Dolphin?

Tracy M

DVC Member - VWL
I just read this on one of the discount sites...Hotel Kingdom, I think. Does anyone know if this is the case?

We were there in November 2001 & kids definately did not eat free. The food there is very expensive but pretty good. Hopefully some things have changed since our trip.

We just came back from the Dolphin.
No free food.
But some good deals with DC.
20% all food except Shula's.

You can get a pizza at Tubbies for under $10 with DC.
A BLT (great sandwhich) for $5 with the DC discount.

Tubbies and the Dolphin Fountain are the least
expensive places to eat.

Or walk to the Boardwalk or the World of EPCOT
to eat dinner.

My DH is in love with the Dolphin.
Great place to stay.
Look for discounts - teacher, fire/police, nurse ( & doctor ?)

Nice place to stay, but NOT cheap to eat. It was served cafeteria style and the kids definitely weren't free.

We went to character meals and this meal was almost as expensive. Needless to say, we only ate there once.

Years ago the Dolphin did have a kids eat free program. It was approx 8 or 9 years ago.

I asked about "kids eat free" when I was there. Front desk says there is a program where your kids eat free if you pay a special(higher!) rate. I don't know what that rate might be but I can guarantee the kids aren't really eating "free". You are paying for their meals in your rate. Maybe this is available through travel agents?

It probably was thru a special rate. I've stayed there before and never did my kids eat free...but you never know when things are going to change. Actually I'm staying with the Starwood cash & points promotion for $60 a night....it's a last minute trip.

Thank you all for your replies:p

IF you book through some TA's (or travel sites, like Travelocity or even DCL as part of the Land/Sea package), kids do eat free. That's probably why you saw it at the Hotel Kingdom site
It's true that it used to apply to all kids, but, not anymore.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter