Kids Eat and Play for Free?

I hope so. I have been waiting for this offer to come via PIN for about a year, as we would really benefit with 3 kids free.

that would be perfect for us... and being Canadian I cannot even get a Disney Visa anyway... so public code is the only way to go for me

Aren't Visa promo's usually offered to the public?

Nope. For the past several years, DV holders have gotten free dining from October through just before Christmas. Last year was the first time this was offered to the public. Disney likes to offer deals to the least number of people necessary to fill their resorts. They are a business after all so this makes sense. If they don't fill enough rooms then they'll likely offer to the general public, but only if they don't fill enough rooms.

We got our DV specifically for the WDW discounts though I am loving the Disney Dollars as well.

I really hope so:cheer2:. Dh's not going to mind me disappearing to Disney alone for a week if I take the little one's with me;).

Aren't Visa promo's usually offered to the public?

They usually are. I just looked through the last three years of discounts on another reputable site. With a few exceptions they were followed by the discount being offered to the public. 2008 was the only year I saw that had free dining offered for rewards and not general public.

I've was thinking it might be a possibility. The current offers end at the end of March, so I'm curious to see what will come out when they do. Last year, there was another room only & package discount available for summer after the 4/3 deal ended, so I would think the same coule be this year.

I agree with a pp that mentioned "another reputable site" showing the Visa offers going public after a certain number of days.

I do agree that the site we're all referring to (is there a reason we're not mentioning it by name?) does show that there are similar deals offered to the general public within a few days of the Disney Visa offer in most cases, but that historical list of deals doesn't actually say what the deals are. If you look at free dining last Oct-Dec, the public code had the QSDP for free at value resorts while the DV offer had the basic DDP at values. If Disney is going to tier things, the public offer will be less. Even as recently as Jan 2010 there was a DV deal that didn't go public.

I'm basically just saying don't count on DV deals going public and if they do, don't count on the public deal being identical to the DV deal. If it is then great, but don't start banking on it.

(is there a reason we're not mentioning it by name?)

The home site for disboards wdwinfo.com has their own bank of disneyworld information, and sponsors. I have seen more than once the request not to send people looking to other sites, especially when the information can be found on this site. Not that it is mandated or anything. When directing people to information, I find it on wdwinfo. com. In this case, I honestly didn't feel like searching for it, and I knew it existed elsewhere. I didn't want to send someone to another site. I only threw in the 'reputable site' part of it to attempt to deter the return comments about me being misinformed. I was trying to respect the wishes of the site I am using.

I do agree you don't want to bank on anything happening. Although there is a good chance that a public code will follow, and we will all be watching for it, there is no guarantee.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter