Kids clubs and ASD?

Chime

Mouseketeer
DH and I would like to eat at Jiko on our next trip and are thinking about having the kids go to Simba's Cubhouse at AKL.

My 7 year old daughter doesn't have any behavioral issues the staff has to handle, but she isn't going to initiate communication. If she needs the bathroom or wants to eat she won't tell anyone.
She would be there with her brother, so she's not 'alone' and we would be nearby.

Are the kids club staff used to kids with different needs? How closely will they watch her? If I ask them to offer bathroom breaks and food will they?

If the kids club isn't a good fit we'll either get an in room sitter (as DD will probably be fine speaking to someone on her "turf") or not go at all. But we do think she'd enjoy the kids club and prefer to have the kids closer to us if possible.

Thanks for any insight! :)

My son has ASD and we have used Simbas multiple times. He loves it there. As far as food, you order their meal and they present it to them (typical kid fare). The bathroom is in the room, so as long as she is able to go on her own, she would be fine. They have always been great with my son.

My son has ASD and we have used Simbas multiple times. He loves it there. As far as food, you order their meal and they present it to them (typical kid fare). The bathroom is in the room, so as long as she is able to go on her own, she would be fine. They have always been great with my son.

Good to know! Thank you. :)

My son has ASD also, he was 9 when we went last May. He and his 6 year old sister stayed at Simba's while we went to Sanaa. They had a great time. I let the staff know at check-in that he had autism and they were great with him. He stays to himself or plays with his sister and is a good rule follower. I think he really liked having some "kid" downtime during the trip where he wasn't overstimulated for once.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter