Kid's Club Capacity?

C230K

Earning My Ears
Is there any need to rush to the Kid's Club to secure a "spot" for children?

I hope this is not another situation like Palo (where space is definitely at a premium).

Please advise.

Thanks in advance!

Every child who is booked onboard is guaranteed a spot in the kids club for their age group. I would suggest going to the club fairly early to sign up to avoid the rush. The first evening is terrible even for signing them in & out. The second day would even be better.

I second Lisa's comment about capacity. They actually stop taking bookings for kids when the capacity is reached.

However, depending on the ages of your child, I would not wait til the 2nd day to register them. If they have a bit of stranger anxiety, it's good for them to get into a group at the beginning. Some kids won't join a group of kids who already "know" each other. Definitely register as early as you can. Our first cruise, DD got "lost" just before the boat drill. Since we hadn't hit the kids club yet, they had a hard time figuring out where to send her (she got the room number mixed up, 7005 became 7050 in her mind). 2nd cruise, we registered the minute they were open!

We arrived at the Port around 10:20 AM. We were still probably 100 people back to get on board at 11:45 AM. Our priorities upon boarding were:

1. Palos reservation
2. Spa reservations
3. Kids room check-in
4. Wine tasting and/or tea with Wendy
5. Lunch/drinks
6. Party!

FOr the kid's check-in, one of the counselors sits down with you, you fill out a form with your child's info, they go over the form with you, all in all takes about 5-10 minutes. Multiply that time by how many people could be ahead of you at a peak time and you could end up waiting a bit.

Getting there when we did, there was no wait.

Originally posted by lbgraves
Every child who is booked onboard is guaranteed a spot in the kids club for their age group. I would suggest going to the club fairly early to sign up to avoid the rush. The first evening is terrible even for signing them in & out. The second day would even be better.

I forgot about that point, Lisa. Was just thinking of time & waiting. I agree that it is important to get that wrist band on your child ASAP, especially if they are younger. They can track you down much quicker with that bar code.

The kid registration is handled very efficiently. Yes, a counsellor does take 5-10 minutes with each family. You can speed up your time by filling out the form while you wait in line (do you really need a counsellor to sit with you while you fill in the child's name, etc.) They will then review it with you.

The earlier you get there, the less wait you will have. We've never had more than maybe 10 minutes, although the club is frequently more busy than the lab. There is space in the program for every child on board, so no rush to secure a space.

I totally agree that the priorities are
1.Palo
2.Spa
3. register kids
4. NOw the fun starts

Wine tasting or Wendy Tea can come after spa or after kids.....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter