Kids Club bracelets...

kristieboyd

Mouseketeer
From the pictures I've seen, they look awfully big & bulky and can't be comfortable to wear. Are you able to remove them when the kids aren't in clubs, or do they have to remain on for the entire length of the cruise?

They are bulky and my girls complained a lot about how uncomfortable they were. We took them off whenever they weren't headed to the club/lab and put them in the room safe. When we would drop them at the club/lab the CM would just make a new band right then and reattach. It was never a problem.

You can not easily remove the bracelets, they need to be cut off. You could probably cut it off each time and just keep up with the GPS device and get a new bracelet each time if it is uncomfortable for your children. It actually broke with my DS and he just had to get a new bracelet next time he went to the lab. My DS did not complain at all about his bracelet and it is not as bulky as it may appear in photos. :)

We took our dd's off when she left the club, and they reattached it upon her next visit. They can also where them on their ankle.

They are supposed to stay on the enitre time you are on the cruise. On our first cruise in Dec 2010 my DD(7) and DS(4) did complain for the first couple minutes but after that they were fine with them. They didn't complain at all on our cruise this past May. I don't remeber the excat size but I think they are about 2 inches by 2inches.

We had two with the bands on all week on our last cruise. We had them put the band on our 3 year old's ankle and she whined about it for about 20 minutes but after that it was like it was never even there. I could see how some kids might have an issue and would complain. I would bring on a small pair of scissors that you might find in a makeup case for removing those things. My wife always has a small pair in her purse and we always use them for cutting off random bands the kids get from waterparks/etc...

Oh, and after we gave the back on the last night, at the end of our 14 night cruise, they were a little upset. Went to the gift shop and bought charm bracelets for them to wear off the ship in the morning.

tigger309 said:
They are supposed to stay on the enitre time you are on the cruise. On our first cruise in Dec 2010 my DD(7) and DS(4) did complain for the first couple minutes but after that they were fine with them. They didn't complain at all on our cruise this past May. I don't remeber the excat size but I think they are about 2 inches by 2inches.

They don't *have* to stay on the whole cruise :). Only when in the clubs. And definitely consider taking them off for Castaway Cay. So many people have reported losing them there. You don't need the GPS tracker part at Scuttle's Cove. They'll just print the band part for you.

The band started cutting my daughter's skin on our first cruise, so we started taking them off each time they left. My kids have pretty sensitive skin, though, so ymmv.

DS broke out in a rash underneath the sensor on our first 7-night cruise. So on the next one, we had them put it on his ankle instead. It worked out great there - didn't bother him at all :thumbsup2

I have to admit, while the band *can* be cut off and reattached... I very much dislike the wasted time on my vacation spent waiting in the club check-in line that is full of parents who also need bands reprinted. It really does add up when people do that.

Can they be worn in water?

Yup!

My dd wore hers in the pool with no issues. She also liked it better on her ankle.

My son has son touch sensitivities and he had no problems with the band. He wore it the entire cruise and never complained.
Also- they are completely fine for the water, sunscreen etc!!

jetskigrl said:
DS broke out in a rash underneath the sensor on our first 7-night cruise. So on the next one, we had them put it on his ankle instead. It worked out great there - didn't bother him at all :thumbsup2

This is probably a silly question, but did your son have trouble tapping the band on his ankle to the sensor? I know kids are flexible, but my son is pretty short. I'm laughing just picturing it ;)

Meghatron said:
I have to admit, while the band *can* be cut off and reattached... I very much dislike the wasted time on my vacation spent waiting in the line of parents checking in kids who need bands reprinted.

Yup!

I understand, and I would be completely fine with a separate line for reattaching bands. But I'm not going to ask my kids to suffer discomfort for the majority of their cruise just to save a few moments' time.
It's not their fault the system requires uncomfortable (for them) plastic bands. :(

This is probably a silly question, but did your son have trouble tapping the band on his ankle to the sensor? I know kids are flexible, but my son is pretty short. I'm laughing just picturing it ;)

The CMs have handheld scanners so they can reach down and meet them halfway. But my DS did get a kick (literally) out of seeing how high he could lift his leg to reach the scanner :rotfl2:

It didn't seem to be a problem for him at all though.

Just an FYI. If your younger child doesn't have serious issues with wearing it, it is highly recommended to be kept on. If your child gets lost, or there is an emergency and you have to go to the lifeboat stations and your child gets "lost in the shuffle," the bands are very useful in that they provide CMs their info ( name, stateroom number, etc.)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter