Kidcot questions

ToTLaugher

DIS Veteran
We'll be going in November with DD 7 and DD 4.9. We're wondering what the activities are at the Kidcot stations at Epcot. Has anyone been recently who could give some examples of the types of things they do at the different countries? Thanks.

If we're thinking about the same thing ~ I've seen little picnic tables set up outside of some of the countrys where they do different crafts. There's usually a CM helping whatever children are there work on whatever craft they're featuring. I have noticed some that weren't manned because the CM was on a break. We've never stopped to do them though, the kids are usually off and running somewhere :-)

it is masks. my kids did this most recently in july and they quite enjoyed it.

I'm glad to see that somebody enjoyed the masks! For us, it turned into a nightmare! 3 kids, each trying to add to their own mask as we went around the world showcase...and of course it started to rain! The marker dripped, the cardboard warped...we gave up! We found it to be more enjoyable to have the EPCOT passports signed and stamped by the cast members at the Kidcot stations. But perhaps you will have more patience for this craft than I did!

Arent the kidcot stops changing when the new parade begins? Something about making a dream catcher that the collect during the parade?

I've heard that as well.......Does anyone know and when will they change. We did the masks last year which was fun and time consuming. We we unable to find the stations with CM at them, except for three. It was still fun and my daughter felt like she was part of the parade.

ok- here it is! I just read in the Disney Insider (and I quote)...."Children are key players in the Tapestry of Dreams procession. At Kidcot Fun Stops throughout the World Showcase, kids are given "dream" stars to decorate and get stamped at each World Showcase pavillion. Kids peel out the center of these medallions that represent their dream. When the parade comes by, they can put the dream discs in the nets carried by Elfan and Cosmos, who will put the discs in the Dream Spinner float. Hopefully, their dream for the future will come true"........sounds like fun to me, but for a lasting souvenier, I'd still recommend the passport (you can purchase it at any of the Epcot shops)

oh - I forgot part of the answer! It starts with the 100th birthday celebration, Oct. 1

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter