Kidani Village rehab looks fabulous

Sammie

DIS Veteran
The rehab looks fantastic. Love the lighter wall color, it's a cream color and looks really good with the dark furniture which is the original.

The new TVs are really nice, the living room one is huge. Lots of charging stations have been added. The new wall hangings behind the beds in the two bedroom second bedrooms add new color to the walls. Like them better than the netting. New beds are so comfortable. They are luxury pillow tops and the new sheets are so much better than the old stiff ones. They feel more like home sheets instead of hospital sheets.

Love the new carpet in the halls and rooms. New bathroom lighted magnified mirrors and towel ring. New shower curtains and room curtains are gorgeous and very themed.

New living room couch and chair, very nice and comfy. New décor pillows in all rooms.

Our master TV did not work, it would come on but no picture. Called maintenance and they asked did I want them to come right away or later. We were going to dinner and they said they would be glad to wait until then and come while we were gone. They did and it was fixed when we got back. Can't ask for better service.

Decorations are gorgeous and seem to have even more this year. We had dinner at the Beach Club and their decorations were plentiful and gorgeous. I see no decrease at all.

Check in at Kidani was quick and request granted and text that room was ready was sent about 20 mins after. Everyone has been so friendly and helpful.

Where in the building were you? Trying to get some idea of where refurbs have already been done.

Good to hear about the lighter-colored walls and more colorful room decor. We stayed at Kidani a year or so ago and I got sick (not Disney's fault). At that time the room was decorated in dark colors and I found staying there while I rested much gloomier than a WDW visit should be.

We are staying there in April 2017. Hope we get an updated room!....not sure when the refurb is supposed to be complete?

We stayed at Jambo House in a studio in October. I thought it was brighter and the colors looked good. They removed the wallpaper in the vanity area, but then wallpapered the tub/toilet area. The paper was pealing off in one area so we reported it maintenance. Here are a few photos we took.

IMG_4041_zps7cyd3wh3.jpg

IMG_4021_zpsepue004g.jpg

IMG_4050_zpsnmzf52gd.jpg

IMG_4022_zpsykxis3bn.jpg

IMG_4024_zpswomwttix.jpg

IMG_4027_zpsr0qb8eax.jpg

IMG_4034_zpse9kxkbzp.jpg

I still like the darker colors better. I don't find dark colors gloomy but rather I find them restful and cooler (not temperature wise, just in feel). Florida is sunny and I like the contrasts of a darker room. It looks fine though, just prefer the original.

I still like the darker colors better. I don't find dark colors gloomy but rather I find them restful and cooler (not temperature wise, just in feel). Florida is sunny and I like the contrasts of a darker room. It looks fine though, just prefer the original.
I totally agree. I like the darker colors better, too.

The only thing lighter are the walls and I don't know that cream is that much lighter than golden, just different.
They are not white.

One of the recurring complaints about AKV was the darkness in the villas. I remember one Annual Meeting where a member asked the Board to put brighter light bulbs and lighter colors in the villas. The fact that DVC has made the color pallet lighter and brighter doesn't surprise me.

As Sammie posted, the new wall color is not white but more of a cream.

Remind you of a refurb elsewhere, KAT?

DVC continues to insist that the overwhelming feedback from members is for lighter & brighter rooms with all of the standard 21st century hotel amenities.

I'm sure budgets play some role in every refurb. They aren't going to be reckless with member funds. But Disney has every reason to deliver what its members and guests want.

DVC continues to insist that the overwhelming feedback from members is for lighter & brighter rooms with all of the standard 21st century hotel amenities.

I'm sure budgets play some role in every refurb. They aren't going to be reckless with member funds. But Disney has every reason to deliver what its members and guests want.
While I'm sure DVC says that, I remain skeptical that DVC has actually heard such. And while Disney does have every reason to deliver what it's members want, it's larger reason for existence is to ensure stockholders are happy. ;)

DVD/DVC is big on the timeshare industry associations and industry awards The industry trend seems to be lighter colors, fake wood floors, and more frequent refurbs.

While I'm sure DVC says that, I remain skeptical that DVC has actually heard such. And while Disney does have every reason to deliver what it's members want, it's larger reason for existence is to ensure stockholders are happy. ;)

Not sure how the stockholders come into play. Does dark paint cost more than light?

My counter to that is that people rarely stop to say - "I like xxxx exactly as it is and I'm afraid you'll change it so I want you to know we want it to stay the same. " I for one thought that themes - of which color is usually a large part - would stay the same. I already have expressed my desire for resorts to be different and not all white and bright. I think I should probably do that again.

Like Sleepy though I'm skeptical when DVC provides the reasons for why the did something. No matter what it is it's at member request.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter