Kidani,Vero,OKW- 6/25-7/3

Robo-Daddy 3000

DIS Veteran
We had an awesome DVC vacation that wrapped up last week.:grouphug:
We stayed at Kidani for 4 nights in a 1 br standard view followed by 3 nights in 1br at Vero. and returned to WDW for a final night in a studio at OKW. Me, DW, DS12, and DD9 were quite impressed with Kidani. Our room was great -we were in 7405. We had a view of the front of the hotel just off the porte cochere. Sanaa is an outstanding restaurant and I love the way it is so close to the savanna so you can see animals while you are eating or while you are waiting for your table. I like the outside viewing area with the fire pit at Kidani better than at Jambo. It feels like you are closer to the animals for some reason at Kidani. The pool area was really cool too. Both of the kids and me enjoyed the water play area too. :woohoo: The slide is waay better and longer then the one at Jambo. There are still walls up on one side of the pool area blocking off where the new savanna will be and once the new savanna is finished, you should have a pool side savanna view. My wife and I walked all the way down the wing of the hotel that wasn't finished until the hallway was blocked off. From the hallway, you can see into the area where the Pembe savanna will be but there wasn't much to see at this point.

We had a car and parked underground each day which was great. This was the first time that we had a car at WDW and it was very convenient. We drove to Publix for groceries on the first day and drove to parks most of the rest of the days.

Our first trip to Vero followed our first Kidani trip. The drive was smooth -made it in just under 2 hours. We were in a 1br in building 12 on the 2nd floor with a view of the ocean between the two cottages on that side of the resort. My dd did the unbirthday party and painted some magnets during one of the rainstorms. The Pirate dinner at Shutters on Monday night was lots of fun. I didn't know about the mini golf course so that was a surprise. We played a round on our last day there. The beach was very calm which I hear is unusual but we enjoyed the water very much. It was just beautiful there and I'm sure we will visit again. :goodvibes We ventured out into Vero one night for dinner at the Lobster Shanty which I would recommend.

Finally it was back to WDW for to return the car and one last night plus dinner ressies at Ohanas but this time we are staying at OKW in a studio. After 7 nights in 1brs at Kidani and Vero, it was hard to squeeze into a studio for the 4 of us on that last night but we managed. We were in building 25 on the first floor near the hospitality house.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter