Kidani Experts...

MJS

DIS Veteran
We are soooo excited about our upcoming trip! That said...I am worried. If we are NOT on the Sunset Savannah, are we going to be disappointed? Will the only animal we see from our room be a squirrel (at least we had Cheerios - eating ducks at the Poly)?

I just came back from Kidani last week and we really enjoyed it. It was my first time so I am not an epxert but here goes. We did get our request, Sunset savannah, close to the lobby in studio 7408 (first bead to the right of the lobby) and had giraffes, zebra, and ankole cattle outside of our balcony every day. It was amazing and we would stay at Kidani again although I think I may want to try Jambo next time just to see the difference. The location next to the lobby makes it ideal to refill mugs (if you get them) otherwise you may need to go on a "safari":rotfl: to get a diet coke. The animals do seem to migrate toward the lobby area as well so there is more action there. Even though we did not do the meal plan, the lack of counterservice is annoying. They really should reconsider that decision. The pool area was very nice but it was too cool for swimming and the heater was broken. There is a hot tub by the fitness center that had far less kids jumping in as opposed to the one right next to the pool. The lobby was nice at night as was the firepit outside with the African CMs telling stories about their native lands. Have a great time!

I just came back from Kidani last week and we really enjoyed it. It was my first time so I am not an epxert but here goes. We did get our request, Sunset savannah, close to the lobby in studio 7408 (first bead to the right of the lobby) and had giraffes, zebra, and ankole cattle outside of our balcony every day. It was amazing and we would stay at Kidani again although I think I may want to try Jambo next time just to see the difference. The location next to the lobby makes it ideal to refill mugs (if you get them) otherwise you may need to go on a "safari":rotfl: to get a diet coke. The animals do seem to migrate toward the lobby area as well so there is more action there. Even though we did not do the meal plan, the lack of counterservice is annoying. They really should reconsider that decision. The pool area was very nice but it was too cool for swimming and the heater was broken. There is a hot tub by the fitness center that had far less kids jumping in as opposed to the one right next to the pool. The lobby was nice at night as was the firepit outside with the African CMs telling stories about their native lands. Have a great time!

The pool heater is still broken? That's a crock. My pool heater broke and it was fixed the next day. I think the hotel is just feeding us a line to save some money.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter