kid nation

Dr.Pluto

DIS Veteran
my dad says it is kinda child abuse but me and my mum say it is not wat do you think? post here

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1586337

That is another thread on Kid Nation. I do think it is a form of child abuse. The problem is, that the normal american person is looking for concrete signs of child abuse. (Like children getting hurt, ect...) But those concrete examples are not there. These children were filming in the spring, which means they were taken out of school. There were no on set tutors for them. Also, they filmed this in New Mexico. NM has some of the weakest child labor laws in America, at that time. Now, New Mexico has tightened up there laws. (Which I do not think is a coincidance) Where is the supervision provided? I would not feel comfortable knowing my child was living hours away from me, for over a month, with only adult crew present. I would want experienced child wranglers. Also I think these children are being exploited in this weird social experiment. While interesting for us at home, was it in the best interest of these kids?

Those are just some of my opinions.

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1586337

That is another thread on Kid Nation. I do think it is a form of child abuse. The problem is, that the normal american person is looking for concrete signs of child abuse. (Like children getting hurt, ect...) But those concrete examples are not there. These children were filming in the spring, which means they were taken out of school. There were no on set tutors for them. Also, they filmed this in New Mexico. NM has some of the weakest child labor laws in America, at that time. Now, New Mexico has tightened up there laws. (Which I do not think is a coincidance) Where is the supervision provided? I would not feel comfortable knowing my child was living hours away from me, for over a month, with only adult crew present. I would want experienced child wranglers. Also I think these children are being exploited in this weird social experiment. While interesting for us at home, was it in the best interest of these kids?

Those are just some of my opinions.

Yeah I think that they have no adults and dont have tutors is kind of wrong...
I wouldnt feel safe either. I think that this would be better for adults or something but kids need supervision and I think they should have more adults there.

Well the kids volunteer to go on the show.

And there are adults supervising and filming nearby.

And adults come to check up on them every 3 days.

I don't see the "abuse"? :confused3

Except not really...the parents had to bring it up to them, wanting them to do it. The way the show is described would seem very appealing to kids, especially if brought up by their parents.

At any rate, I think it's asinine and irresponsible for parents to allow their children to do this.

Except not really...the parents had to bring it up to them, wanting them to do it. The way the show is described would seem very appealing to kids, especially if brought up by their parents.

At any rate, I think it's asinine and irresponsible for parents to allow their children to do this.

Exaclty. I understand after this season having kids approach their parents to audition, but this was the first season. The only way the kids would have known was to have their parents tell them. I do not think it is responsable on the parents part to send their child to this "city." Most of the time I would say "to each his own," but in this case I can't. These children could have been in serious danger.

Kid Nation was really good. Personally, I would do it but if my future children had the chance I wouldn't let them​

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter