• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Kid menu

Bev317

Earning My Ears
We are planning to go to Disneyland in August. My kids will be 4 and 10. I see the kids menu at restaurants says 9 and under. Are they very strict with that? My daughter is the 10 year old and still likes to eat off the kids menu, she is a picky eater. Thanks

I never had a problem with it. We have adults in my group that will sometimes order a kids meal item.
You shouldn't have any problems.

Character Meals and special food related packages will be strict about age. 10 and above are charged adult rates.

Geemo

At CS they won't care. At TS (other than buffets/character meals/fixed price) you should go in expecting to pay twice the price for a double portion, but she'd be allowed to order.

i always order a kids meal at counter service places. haven't tried it at table service. honestly- and i might attacked for this- since your daughter is only 1 year past the age limit, i'd just say she's 9. they may not even care enough to question her age anyway.

i always order a kids meal at counter service places. haven't tried it at table service. honestly- and i might attacked for this- since your daughter is only 1 year past the age limit, i'd just say she's 9. they may not even care enough to question her age anyway.
Yeah, I thought of that. She is small for her age, so I don't even think she would be questioned.

At table service just order what she wants. If they ask how old, just answer with 10 and take it form there. I doubt there will be an issue. As for the can she question, my daughter (27) still orders from the kids menu. It is her food preference at some places. They usually do the double double for her. Do expect to pay the full price at character meals and WOC or parade meals.

At table service just order what she wants. If they ask how old, just answer with 10 and take it form there. I doubt there will be an issue. As for the can she question, my daughter (27) still orders from the kids menu. It is her food preference at some places. They usually do the double double for her. Do expect to pay the full price at character meals and WOC or parade meals.
Yeah, I have no problem paying adult for character meals. But most things on an adult menu, she wouldn't even touch.

Just back from CA/DL. CS staff told me seniors can order from children's menu. I expect an older child can too. I ate mostly children's meals and found them sufficient and tasty.

I ordered a children's menu item at one full service restaurant. It was the one in New Orleans Square but I do not recall the name. They did not upcharge me for the meal. They seemed glad to not have food wasted.

CS CMs don't care what you are ordering. They don't know if you have a 5-year-old waiting at the table or if you are eating it yourself. I often get a kids meal if I'm not super-hungry or if I'm saving room for treats! Another option is to split a meal together, or to order the entree without the side if portion size is an issue. My petite daughter is almost 15 and still sometimes orders a kid-size meal depending on what the options are and how hungry she is.

TS you will just need to ask sweetly what your options are at non-buffet places. I think most will be OK with a small 10-year-old ordering off the kids menu. Or my kids have learned how to order the adult meal but ask for sauce on the side, or a substitute side dish.

PHXscuba

My 10 year old ordered off the kids menu at Carthay Circle last week and they were fine with it. No upcharge.

Good question. My son will be 12 when we go. However he's very picky and no way he would order off adult menu (aside from dessert). It's the chicken fingers, mac and cheese that he eats. To me, 9 is a ridiculous cut off. Guess it's one of those money making items. In my budget I've accounted for paying adult price for him at the buffet and it's fine if they end up charging a bit more for kids meal as long as he can order it.

I asked for chicken nuggets at Hungry Bear and was told it's only with a kid's meal. I said, well I guess I want that then and ordered it. No issues and it was obviously for me. I haven't tried to order from the kid's menu at TS though.

Counter service is no problem. We get chicken nuggets when my daughter starts having blood sugar issues. Table service is a different issue. But then, we are always offered adult portion, adult price. And no drink (that normally comes with the kids meal.) Personally, I am usually just happy I can get what they will eat. Younger daughter has learned she can almost always order at least a Caesar Salad if a place (Not at Disneyland) won't let her order from the kid's menu.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter