Kid Friendly World Showcase

heather913

Mouseketeer
What are your favorite attractions to do with children in World Showcase? My kids are 7, 5 and 1.

You never know what your kids will love. My DD was 5 and she loved the Kidcot activities, and was fascinated by many of the performers, especially in Japan.

Check out the times guide so that you can watch some of the entertainment like the acrobats in china, juggler guy in Italy, two men who balance all the chairs in France, band in UK. My kids love when we see those! Sorry I don't have their official names but if you check a times guide I think you will see them.

Do the Agent P missions. They're pretty neat, though a little time consuming. You can always quit when you are ready though.

The acrobat show at China.

The maze at United Kingdom.

Watching the model train in Germany.

Agent P as mentioned above.

The koi pond at Japan.

Kidcot stops.

It depends on the child. Mine went through a period where he was bored by World Showcase in general and he has never cared for the performers. He did enjoy the Japanese store and much of Norway and Mexico no matter what age though.

Agent P. I think the actual TV show is outdated now but I don't think it will matter. Several years ago when my son was young Epcot was the one park he had no desire to visit. Then we found Agent P and I kid you not, every single day he begged to go to Epcot.

Mine have gone from the time they were 3 and 1, until our most recent trip when they were 15 and 13, and they have always enjoyed the WS. The performers in the different countries, the shopping in Japan, Agent P missions (even as teenagers), trying different foods, the trains in Germany.

Agree with PPs, Agent P missions, boat ride in Mexico, buying a candy from each country

While not exactly attractions, some meals are experiences that our kids enjoyed, especially the character meal in Norway, the restaurant inside the Mexico pavilion and the one inside the Germany pavilion. If your kids like character meets there are some nice ones in World Showcase as well and don't underestimate the fun of choosing different snacks in the countries, France has some wonderful ice cream.

Don't forget about the Three Cabelerios ride in Mexico. It's one of our favorites!
Also, the WS actually has a lot of characters to meet!

Thanks everyone! My older kids will absolutely love Agent P. I was going back & forth on if half a day is enough for WS. I think I will plan for 2 half days.

My kson do lved doing the Passports. You stop at the Kidcot stops and the CM writes a message in their native language and gives them a Mickey stamp. There are really cute ones in the Creative DISigns section.

Agent P is great. A little of fun and really cute. Many of the performers are great too. Sergio in Italy is fun.

My kids have always loved WS. Some of their favorites are the Mexico boat ride, and the Agent P game. My daughter also really enjoyed doing the pick a pearl in Japan.

Frozen .. and Mexico . .and then leave and spare them the torture of walking around that huge lake. :)

(Man, I was sure jaded to World Showcase when I was a child .. and that was back when it was fresh and new).

My kids NEVER took to the kidcot spots, but they've always loved (from 15mos through 11yrs)...
  • trains in Germany
  • Agent P
  • wandering through Mitsukoshi store in Japan
  • trying different foods (especially during F&W, of course!!)

Getting her passport stamped in each country was one of my daughter's (7) favorite things about our entire week at Disney World! She also really liked the character meets and the one Agent P mission we did was a lot of fun. She wasn't into most of the performers...except the ones in France (with the chairs). We had to come back and watch it a second time. :) She also liked taking a picture in every country (because it was funny that we were going around the world in one day). She wasn't a fan of the stores or the movies - we watched one and that was enough for her.

Do what you want to do! There is alway, always, something for the kids to see and do and explore!

Since my kids first visit (when they were 2 and 4), they loved Epcot the most! Still, every trip, it's our first park to go to! Likely, it was because DH and I loved it there, we were staying at the BWV that trip, so we were close (once my son's socks got wet, forget what happened, so I stayed in the park with the kids and he ran back to our room for dry socks, and he was back in less than 30 minutes, so he was sold on staying at an Epcot resort).

I'd always say for parents of very young kids, there is always something to explore and enjoy at all of the parks!

The Mexico boat ride is fun, Living With the Land is fun, the new(ish) Nemo at the Living Seas is fun, Turtle Talk with Crush is fun, it goes on and on.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter