Kid Friendly Orlando Hotel Under Say $80?

summerrluvv

<font color=darkorchid>Work Hard. Have Fun.<br><f
Broad question I know, but I'm thinking of possibly doing a mini trip to FL this Summer and spending time at Sea World, Universal and IOA and doing the pirates dinner show (bad reviews I know, but DS loves pirates!). I'm looking for something that is kid friendly, but NOT pet friendly (allergies). A great pool with a slide would be nice. Anyone have any ideas? I did check out the Country Inn and Suites Calypso and that looks pretty nice and with AAA it's about 89.00, which is a little out of my budget, but do-able. Any other opinions out there? Thanks :wizard:

You can still book that Country Inn and Suites for $59 with the promo code "ZOO" for some dates that seem to go from May 1 through about the middle of June or so. The original link on Travelzoo is gone, but I just checked, and for check-ins up until about June 11th, the rate is still good. You can get the 1BR kidssuite with a Pirate theme there. Sounds like something your DS would love!

I would like to know also. I am looking for a pool with a great slide.

This Country INn and Suites has a water slide, playground, neat squirting crabs (at the edge of the pool), and a nice continental breakfast. I think for $59, if you can get it for your dates, it's a deal!! The pool has a zero-entry like the AKL pool too!

They also have cookies in the lobby in the afternoon. This hotel is clean, and the lobby is "homey" and inviting to weary travelers. A free USA Today newspaper is in the lobby each morning until they run out of them.

sweet maxine said:
You can still book that Country Inn and Suites for $59 with the promo code "ZOO" for some dates that seem to go from May 1 through about the middle of June or so. The original link on Travelzoo is gone, but I just checked, and for check-ins up until about June 11th, the rate is still good. You can get the 1BR kidssuite with a Pirate theme there. Sounds like something your DS would love!

OoOo I didn't realize they had the pirate themed suites, DS would LOVE that!! Thanks for posting :) I tried the Zoo code, but DS doesn't get out of school until the end of June, so it wasn't working. Maybe another code will come along :)

We almost stayed here a few years ago (ended up cancelling as we got a great deal at HGVC) using an Entertainment book rate. Perhaps they still give that discount--and if you don't already have one, Entertainment books have been discounted to $12.99, I think. Good Luck! :sunny:

I'm sorry the dates don't work out for you. Keep checking as it gets closer to the time you would like to travel. The Country Inns and Suites chain seems to offer up their unbooked rooms at a "Last Minute Deal" per their website. The "hot deals" rate at that location seems to run around $69, so that's still within reason for you (possibly).

As far as other hotels, I would keep checking the travelzoo.com for specials. Right now the specials they have listed are running through the middle of June or so. They don't seem to have specials for dates very far into the future, though it does vary by the hotel.

Sometimes the Sheraton Safari will run a Travelzoo.com special for about $59, so keep an eye out for that one. There is a nice "python" slide there, but it may be a bit scary for a younger child, as it empties out into deeper water. My grandson would not try it when we visited there a year ago.

If Disney offers any great deals for rooms this summer, the Port Orleans French Qtr. pool has a great slide. I'm just not willing to pay over $100/night to stay there though.

Hopefully someone else here has some more/better ideas for you. Good luck with your travel planning!

They were offering pretty good rates for the Amerisuites at Calypso Cay from the Entertainment card. Like $55 a night. They do not have the pirate themed kid suites like the Country Inn and Suites, though. We stayed in one of these once and they are great if you have younger kids.

Thank you sweet maxine!!! I was able to use the ZOO code and got the $59 rate for our dates in June! :banana:

Okay another question...I noticed they have pet rooms (grr! and no offense to the pet owners). Are there certain rooms that are pet only rooms? Does anyone know if any of the kid suites are pet free? TIA :)

I can't answer your question about how Country Inns & Suites at Calypso Cay handles their pet locations but I just wanted to tell you that if you are still considering reserving there you might want to see if you can get a lower rate for them through onetravel.com. When using this sight the hotel shows up frequently on my searches in the area and the rates are often $45 to $69 a night for the suites. :banana:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter