Key West trolley tour question

dznyacct

DIS Veteran
I have booked our excursions for next month and have a question about the trolley tour in Key West. We booked this through DCL. Is it true that if you book it through DCL you can not get on and off, but if you book it through the trolley company's web site you can? Thanks

Actually, it's the Conch Train you cannot get on/off (although they do have one rest stop). Other than that the Conch Train and Trolley tours are very similar. We have done both...Conch Train on our first trip for general sight-seeing and to get the lay of the land and Trolley when we returned so we could get off at places like the southernmost point for photos.
Barb

Barb, did you do them thru DCL? We didn't, so don't know for sure, but, Mary remembers reading here it is different if you do it thru DCL, you don't get tickets to reboard, you are brought en masse to a trolley and off you go. (she's digging around right now to find what she read)

Thanks for your replies. I thought it would be odd for the trolley tour to have different rules for getting on and off based on who you booked it through. I thought I read somewhere on this board that it was different. Now I know. Thanks

Barb ~ I love your website! It has been a great planning tool for me. Thanks to your insider information, we were able to get SPH #5020 for our western cruise next month. My husband was just tonight drooling over the menus that you have posted and my 14 yo son likes checking out the teen navigator for him and his best friend who will be joining us. Thanks again.

Here's one thread I found on the discussion saying the Disney trolley excursion does not stop.

KEY WEST - Walk It or Trolley??

Both tbout and MrsG say that on the Disney Trolley excrusion you can't get on and off on your own.

We bought the tickets online and saved over the cost of buying them on the spot.

DW and I just returned from our first visit to Key West. We took the trolley and booked it directly from Historic Tours of America.

The cost was around $18-20 per person. We had 10 stops. You could get off at any of them you wanted and get on the next trolley. They run every 30 minutes.

They give you a list of points of interest for each stop so you know which stops you want to get off at. The drivers also describe a lot of sights you see while driving.

We had a great time and thought it was well worth the money. It was also a great way to get to the various stops without having to walk it all as our feet were still pretty sore from spending the previous week at WDW!

-steve

I am always curious as to why some plan their excursions through someone else instead of doing it themselves ESPECIALLY in Key West - I am Shirley and I am from Key West - if you have any questions, honest you can either call or write me especially if you want to save monies on doing stuff down in Key West - the Conch train is RIGHT THERE at Mallory Square --EVERYTHING in excursion is right there - in fact the vendors trip all over themselves to get your business - its super easy and the conch and the trolley bus - the best advise was posted here by buying it on line - honest you won't get lost in Key West - its a 2 X 4 island full of stuff - 2 miles long and 4 miles wide -
On Whitehead street during the 40's and right accross from Mr. Hemingway's house, there were 3 2 story houses - my mama and my spanish grandmother had friends and families that own those 3 homes - one day my mother's friends were digging in the back yard to make way for a bigger cistern and while they were digging, found a large chest full of gold etc - it was a pirate's chest - I got to see it before it was taken by the State of Florida and never to be seen again - anyhow lots of the stories you might here about Key West and you wonder if they are true, well this one was honest - what a sight and nope noone received a bounty for it - in fact it was left as found - it was later regretted that the news got around Key West so fast - another little tidbit about Key West :teeth:
Anyhow have fun in my hometown, but watch those tee shirt shops - know your limit and what was charged on your card BEFORE you leave the store ok?
Chat with you all later and each have a great week.
Always
Shirley (the ol' conch)

Hi Shirley! :wave2:

Thanks for another inside story about Key West!! :sunny: I find the history of Key West very interesting!

P.S. I bought some of the Fiji water that you mentioned, so I could see what it tastes like, and it's delicious! :) Pretty bottles, too. :teeth:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter