• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

kenny the golf cart guy

pocomom

Brr.....
rented carts from kenny at tee time, as suggested on this board. was really nervous due to the time it took to get a hold of him in the first place and a lack of communication until the day of rental... but the carts were great, and everything was fine! Thanks for the recommmendation and I pass it along :)

How far in advance do you suggest booking them?:scratchin

Honestly , I emailed them three months out- no reply, emailed again couple of weeks later- no reply. Submitted their web form a month later, then I called and left two messages waiting a week or so in between. Then I gave up, assumed they were booked and just not calling me back. Three or four weeks before my trip they called and made arrangements. Then the day of the rental Kenny called and told me where to get the carts. Carts were nice, one better than the other. I asked for a six seater but he had asked if we were willing to get two for the same price, which worked fine for us. I got one tan which was a little slower, little older but fine, and a brown one which was nice and zippy! We had three kids, and three to four adults (dh stayed for only 1 day due to work) in hindsight we could have gotten by with one cart- as we frequently seperated, and two adults and a small child can fit in each row.

We were able to successfully commandeer 2 carts for our stay by booking 3 months out as well. I called one month out to check, and they were sold out. And was for the 1st week in Feb which is supposedly low time. So, I'd say at least 3 months out call. I called several times, left messages, and also emailed. They called me back several days after my first attempts.

Once we got ours reserved, he said he'd call 2-3 days before our pickup day to confirm the location. I emailed to confirm just last week, and they emailed me back saying i'm good to go later that day.

Looking forward to picking them up on 2/5!!

Hello,
can you tell me what carts were like? I'm booking mine soon! thanks

Typical golf carts. The only difference is that the roof didn't extend over the back seat like the Disney carts do. He does provide a full rain cover to keep the driver's area completely dry. We brought a bunch of towels and kept them on the front seat and covered, then drove in the rain covered by towels. Not fun!!

In retrospect, I think the lack of the roof over the back seat kept us in the cabin more than we would have. Silly, I know, but uncomfortable in a driving rain.

If you don't go during hurricane time of year, you'll be fine.

Made a reservation with Kenny four months ahead of our 2/6/13 arrival for a week rental of a golf cart. Got a text from Kenny the day before we arrived said to text him when we arrived. When we arrived in Orlando and turned my phone on there was a message from Kenny saying he could not deliver on the promised cart due to one got smashed and another was broke waiting on parts. He said he would refund us in full, after many calls with no answer and no returned calls from messages we have to file a dispute with the credit card company to get our money back. This isnt a good way to run a business he had to know the day before he would not have a cart for us, we had to scramble and find another cart for the week.

Made a reservation with Kenny four months ahead of our 2/6/13 arrival for a week rental of a golf cart. Got a text from Kenny the day before we arrived said to text him when we arrived. When we arrived in Orlando and turned my phone on there was a message from Kenny saying he could not deliver on the promised cart due to one got smashed and another was broke waiting on parts. He said he would refund us in full, after many calls with no answer and no returned calls from messages we have to file a dispute with the credit card company to get our money back. This isnt a good way to run a business he had to know the day before he would not have a cart for us, we had to scramble and find another cart for the week.

So how do you know the credit wasn't processed?

Any credit card company will tell you it can take up to at least one billing cycle for a credit to show up. That's the way the CC companies do business.

We have used Kenny for over 5 years and never had any issues and we go 2-3 times a year. Maybe he did not know until the day you were getting there one was crashed and the parts he thought would be there never got there. I know he picks them up and delievers them the same day or even has them at the Fort already, comes in cleans them and checks them out, but either way, sorry you had bad luck with him. He has been great to us and always takes good care of us. Hoping you had a good trip despite this set back...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter