Kennels at WDW?

A

adisneynut

Have you ever boarding your dogs there? We are trying to decide where to board our Weimarner at WDW or with local vet. It will be about a 6.5 hr drive and I worry about her getting car sick. I worry about her not eating she doesn't eat now if we leave her for half the day. At lest there I can go and check on her.:confused3

sorry we have never used the kennels, but on our last visit DGD4 saw the kennels and ask what they were and I told her this is where people leave their pets while they go into the parks--she look at me so sweetly and ask "do they take baby brothers?'' Sisterly love at its finest.

I have never used the kennels as we keeps our dogs in our motorhome with us but I was going to suggest that you post this over on the camping at the fort board. Hope someone there can help you.

Thanks for the replies. DH has decided not to take her so i guess i t doesn't matter. Thanks again!!!

I would post on the camping board as well as you are more likely to get better responses. I do remember hearing a long time ago that the kennels at WDW were for daytime use only, and they do not keep animals there overnight. Seems like it makes it kind of pointless, unless you're staying outside of disney property somewhere that allows pets?

I would post on the camping board as well as you are more likely to get better responses. I do remember hearing a long time ago that the kennels at WDW were for daytime use only, and they do not keep animals there overnight. Seems like it makes it kind of pointless, unless you're staying outside of disney property somewhere that allows pets?

Thye do offer overnight services.Kennel Price:

The Kennel prices at the following three locations includes 2 potty breaks per day and up to 2 feedings per day (verified pets only)

Ticket and Transportation Center Kennel

Fort Wilderness Kennel

Epcot Kennel

Dogs Cats & Small Animals
Day Rate - Day Guests $15 $10
Day Rate - Disney Resort Guests $15 $10
Overnight - Day Guests $20 $15
Overnight - Resort Guest $18 $13

The following options are offered at the above locations:

Extra Walk - $5.00
Cuddle Time - $5.00
Ice Cream Break - $4.00
Medication - $2.00 per treatment with owner supplied meds (no injections)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Kennel prices at the following two locations DO NOT INCLUDE walks and feeding. The owner will need to return to the kennel and walk their dog at least twice a day.

Disney's Hollywood Studios Kennel

Disney's Animal Kingdom Kennel

Day Rate - Day Guests $10
Day Rate - Disney Resort Guests $10
Overnight - Day Guests $15
Overnight - Resort Guest $13

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Kennel Requirements:

Walt Disney World is a member of the "American Boarding Kennel Association"
Dogs must have proof of the following vaccinations administered by a licensed Veterinarian:
Rabies, D.H.P.(Distemper, Hepatitis, Parainfluenza), Parvovirus and Bordetella
Cats must have proof of the following vaccinations administered by a licensed Veterinarian:
FeloVax Rhinotracheitis, Calcivirus, Panleukopenia (aka Feline Distemper)
Pets which have unverified vaccines or which are aggressive must be cared for by the owner. The kennel staff will not feed, walk or provide extra services to unverified pets.
All dogs and cats have to be a minimum of 8 weeks old to be kenneled.
No native wildlife or exotic species are allowed in kennels.

Kennel Sizes:

Small pet kennel--25.5" x 20" x 23.3"
Medium pet kennel--34" x 34" x 34"
Large pet kennel--55" x 45" x 36"
Outside kennels (available on request)-- large kennels, sizes vary slightly
Pets cannot be kept in a car during the day; the car WILL be broken into and the pet(s) removed. This is against Florida law, and the person will be fined $5000 if a pet is found in a car. Pets in campers with air conditioning are not included under this law.

Kennel Service:

Boarding of guests' pets
No veterinary services are offered. Guests will be referred to an Orlando animal clinic if problems arise.
Purina pet food is used. Owners can provide their own food.
Camping with pets is permitted in select Full Hook-up campsites at an additional charge, based upon availability at Disney's Fort Wilderness Resort & Campground.
Restrictions apply and pets are not permitted in Wilderness Cabins or campsites not within designated pet loops.
Guests should request a pet site when booking reservations.
There is a fee per site (not per pet).
Pets must meet vaccination requirements
Fort Wilderness guests may also leave their pets at the Kennel during the day per the pricing as noted above

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter