kennedy space center

rspencer38

Mouseketeer
Not sure if this is the right thread, but is the Kennedy space center a full day type ofactivity?

You can make a full day. I do not see as full day activity. Me and the kids was very bored to tears.

P.S. Eat offsite the food is aweful.

We were there in 2009 We loved it. It was easily a full day activity for us. Our oldest DS was almost 7, and a space nut. We got to see a shuttle on a launch pad (from a distance, of course). I'm not sure exactly where the tours go now that the shuttle program is done, but I'm sure there's still lots to do.

Ya I'm really looking forward to it but wasn't sure if I should plan another activity for that day. Figuring we might just do Kennedy Space then head back to Orlando for supper and perhaps shopping.

I only had half a day last year it wasn't enough to read all the stuff (which there is loads) and also there is the Hall of Fame outside Kennedy too (which you get in on the same ticket)..so definetely a day if you want to enjoy it at a non run pace :)

Not sure if it is a full day activity, as we have not gone yet (going in December). But I just wanted to say, if you are unaware about the free tickets, be sure to search these threads. Within certain timeframes, you can get free tickets from your congressperson--they are available in limited quantities. We emailed for ours 6 months in advance and were told our tickets have been 'granted'.

Not sure if it is a full day activity, as we have not gone yet (going in December). But I just wanted to say, if you are unaware about the free tickets, be sure to search these threads. Within certain timeframes, you can get free tickets from your congressperson--they are available in limited quantities. We emailed for ours 6 months in advance and were told our tickets have been 'granted'.

I tried this and got nothing and it was 6 months out. You got lucky.Its not a cheap activity. We live in PA so lots of requests I'm sure. Oh well - it is worth a try but just know its not always granted.

We went last year over spring break and spent all day there and had a great time, much to my surprise. I bought tickets in advance online, saving around $5.00 a ticket I believe, but we got to bypass the long ticket lines when we got there which was nice.

We "toured" slowly, took our time with all the interactive exhibits, watched all the "movies" about different space programs, etc. They have a nice playground that is under a huge tent type structure and DD, even at 8 years old at the time, had fun burning off some energy there. We ate lunch there and it was fine. Typical park food...pizza, burger, chicken fingers. Nothing spectacular but right on par with Disney quick service IMO.

I am very glad we took DD for the experience. Well worth the time IMO.

Some great advice! I'm from Canada so unfortunately free tickets will not be an option for me, although I will certainly purchase in advance!

I'd say you can quite easily fit a full day at Kennedy. Between the shows and exhibits at the Visitors center, The Bus Tours (a Basic one included free with admission, and several very cool payed guided bus tours that give you a closer look to areas not usually accessible to the public outside the tours), The Saturn V center with it's exhibits and show (accessible via the bus tours), and then the Hall Of Fame just down the street from the Visitors Center (free with your Kennedy admission).... It's pretty easy to fill a day. It does close "early" compared to the Orlando Theme parks.

If you are someone who really enjoys your space program history, I'd even say it's something you could almost fill 2 days with. (at least a day and half).

If you are day-tripping it to the Space Coast, The drive will also help fill out the day.

Ya I will be day tripping it out for sure. Certainly looks like a full day of space for me!

I bought a ticket for my DH when we went down for the wedding (a surprise for him). All the guys went. They only did a half day but loved it and wished they had more time there. My DH loves everything about space and we even made the shuttle take off in February 2011. It was great.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter