Kennedy Space Center info??

NandP

Nick D DIS Veteran DVC-BCV
Is Kennedy Space Center worth the hike for WDW ?
Is it ok for a very inquizative 4yo?
How far is it form WDW? how long is the drive?
Does it take a full day to tour the place?

Any advise? Thoughts? Stories?

We went to the space center after our trip to WDW in December. It was about $25 for adults but military are free. Because of sept 11 the tours outside of the visitor center are closed. My husband really wanted to go out to the launch sites. So you can only visit the visitor center. I have a 31/2 yr old and after being at disney he was not real impressed with the center. They have a mockup of a shuttle which he enjoyed. He liked the IMAX movie and some of the displays. If it was a choice of going there for the day or spending it at WDW I would stay at WDW. For us it was on the way home and not a bad way to wind down the trip. If you are very interested in the space program you will enjoy the center but it can be seen in half a day. There is also a playground area for the kids if they get bored. Hope this helps.

Sorry, I forgot the second part of your question. I think it took about two hours to get there.

We went this past year. It's about one hour (hour , 15 min maybe ) from Disney. I was impressed with the Visitor Center. They have some shows that are suited for children - one about Mars - be sure to see that one. We spent a full day there and I didn't think we would. We also did the "lunch with an astronaut" which costs more but you meet a real astrounaut, ask questions and get your picture taken with them , plus get a signed autographed picture. I thought it was worth it as a momento for the kids (we will have them framed) - kids weren't terriably impressed but they will be one day . I'd go to Kennedy first before disney because it is certainly more educational and I think a kid would be disappointed doing it in reverse. I got a lot of info at http://www.orlandotripplanner.com - click on the Kennedy Space Center logo and it will take you to pages with all sorts of info.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter