Kennedy Space Center/Air Boat Tours

Paulagrav

Earning My Ears
We're heading down in Oct, and want to do a day trip to Kennedy. We'll have a rental for the week, but I've seen the combined tours out of Orlando. Has anyone taken a bus tour of Kennedy and/or the airboats? Is it worth it to take the tour, or to drive ourselves? I'm inclined to let someone else do the driving while sitting comfortably on a bus, but DH and MIL don't want to spend extra money if we're already spending on the rental.
Any thoughts?

We spent an entire day at KSC in Nov (including bus tours of the complex), and also did an airboat ride another day. I recommend driving yourself there, just so you can stay or go at your own pace. Never dreamed that my 83yo Dad would have so much fun, even on the rides :scared1:, that we stayed OPEN TO CLOSE. DDad is retired from a NASA contractor, and DH is currently employed by a NASA contractor, so we definitely wanted the full access. Everyone might not.

And I can recommend the Spirit of the Swamp airboat ride :woohoo:. It's a small boat, so your reservation is private to your party. An easy and short trip just SE of Kissimmee. We splurged on the 2-hr tour, and would do it again in a heartbeat!! :thumbsup2

And if you get an early reservation with SotS, it's so close that you still have the rest of the day for the parks, shopping, whatever.

Have fun!!

We went on "Wild Willy's Airboat Ride".......FANTASTIC. One hour long- it was really fun and just beautiful scenery.....birds.....alligators (only baby ones but many). We ranged in ages from 7......to some teens.......to some in their 40s and it was enjoyed by all. We all (or who wanted to!) got to hold the small alligators they have in their office area. It took us maybe 40-45 minutes to get there from our Indian Creek Villa.

We have a party of 7. Does anyone know if Spirit of the Swamp or Wild Willie's can accomodate a party of 7?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter