Kelly Preston and Neutrogena

Bella the Ball 360

Keyboarding is not my thing excuse typos.<br><font
Everytime I see the Neutrogena dermabrasion commercial where Kelly Preston says how she uses this product rather than going to a salon and how much money she saves. PLEASE, does anyone think that this woman who is married to John Travolta (he owns his own full size jet) really uses a home dermabrasion kit rather than go to a salon??

I hate when celebrities try and sell products that they supposedly use in real life. Yeah and Susan Sarnandon uses Revlon foundation which might be true but she never says it has been expertly applied by a make up artist one second before they shoot the commercial.

Ever since reading "Don't Go to the Makeup Counter Without Me." I realized how much consmetic companies treat us like we are really stupid.

I love the book, and you're right, they do.

I always say the samething when I see famous people doing hair color ads. Yeah right, Heather Graham, Heather Locklear and Sarah Jessica Parker use drug store hair color and do it themselves....

:rotfl: Yes, I think the same thing! Kelly Preston has always seemed pampered to me. And I don't believe that any of those actresses color their own hair. But it does make me laugh when I see the commercials. :teeth:

Is that what she's pushing? Honestly, the commercial comes on and all I can think is "what in God's name did you do to your hair?" She was such a pretty blonde. I think the brown makes her look old and frumpy. Hey John, if you miss the blonde, I'm waiting........

Sure they do.....don't they? (Forgot this guy: ;))

I'm thinking I must read that book and get the real scoop on cosmetics. I flop back and forth between Mary Kay and Origins--and I'm just not convinced that el cheapo will give me the same benefits...though I've tried.

I love the book too. It is amazing when you read or should I say look up cosmetics and see how many companies get poor grades for the really expensive stuff.

Paula Begoun has a website and she does now sell make up but it is reasonably priced AND she did not start with the make up until the book was well into multiple printings. If you are interested it is www.cosmeticscop.com

I have used her makeups and they are very good.

Would someone give a "best thing I learned" from the book? I'm curious what it has to offer.

Anyone?

Best thing I learned was not from the book but rather the tv show that Paula was on that inspired me to buy the book. It is to mix Cetaphil with baking soda to exfoliate AND to use only Cetaphil to wash my face.

It is a non-soap cleanser that is available everywhere. Mostly it is recommended by dermatoligists. I have been useing it for approx. 10-15 years and it does not dry out my skin at all. Large bottle (maybe 6 months worth) is about 8.99!!

I don't believe for a minute that Heather Locklear uses Preference by L'Oreal to get her hair so nicely blond.

Well she might use it but she is not the one applying it OR maintaining it. It is not like she is standing in her shower and rising it off AND maybe she used it for the one commercial and now she is back to her 1000.oo hair color and cut!

I use cetaphil too...actually THIS is really funny but when Kelley Preston was pregnant with Ella she was in some magazine and they asked her what her favorite cheap beauty product is and she said Cetaphil. I had never heard of it before so I went out and tried it because it's really cheap and I have used it ever since... kinda funny little twist to this thread! haha

Wow I guess Kelly will not be saying that anymore unless Cetaphil is bought by Neutrogena. Just once I would like some plain everyday slob could get on tv and say, "I use this product and it is pretty good but do not expect miracles because is for the most part genetics."

Bella the Ball 360 said:
Wow I guess Kelly will not be saying that anymore unless Cetaphil is bought by Neutrogena. Just once I would like some plain everyday slob could get on tv and say, "I use this product and it is pretty good but do not expect miracles because is for the most part genetics."

I like that idea. Here's another one: If you think this is bad, you should've seen me before I used ******.

ThAnswr said:
I like that idea. Here's another one: If you think this is bad, you should've seen me before I used ******.

Or, this product is great, especially after all the work I've had done!

I love Paula Begouns book! The best thing I've learned from it is not to get sucked in by sleek, pretty packaging, and to read the ingredients. I still get sucked in by packaging sometimes, though.

Aurora63 You are totally correct I still get pulled in by the glitz too but then I feel really guitly. Even though the book is in its 6th edition, she is not going to be doing a 7th. You can find some new items not in the book on the website.

When I think of the money I spent on make up I could take another trip to WdW on it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter